Default Is there something wrong with Google Mail?

It seems like for about the past month when I send out emails rarely do I
receive a timely reply or any reply at all to many of them. I'd guess that
about half the e-mails I've sent to a certain person, at least, seem to have
ended up probably in their deleted items folder or perhaps their junk mail
file... Should this give me some sort of clue?

Wilbur Hubbard

"WaIIy" wrote in message
On Sun, 10 Apr 2011 15:42:34 -0400, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

It seems like for about the past month when I send out emails rarely do I
receive a timely reply or any reply at all to many of them. I'd guess
that
about half the e-mails I've sent to a certain person, at least, seem to
have
ended up probably in their deleted items folder or perhaps their junk mail
file... Should this give me some sort of clue?

Wilbur Hubbard

No, just have her mark it "Not Spam" if she finds one in the spam
folder.

That will stop it or maybe open a Yahoo account just for her.

Actually, I think it more likely that she just ignores some of them due to
whatever, gets busy and then never gets around to answering them because
they get buried. If one gets put into the junk mail and if it isn't removed
as "not junk" then all will end up in the junk mail bin so I would get no
replies at all but I do get some replies. Maybe this is just how the younger
generation operates?

I have a Yahoo account set up under a different name and it does work quite
well. I also have a Hotmail account but they don't do POP mail without
paying them for it. I have another mail account called Lavabit which is a
free POP and SMTP server and it has been working quite well using Windows
Mail as the client.

If you do any remailers and mail2news gateways you need a POP and SMTP
server in the Quicksilver client and lavabit is perfect for that. I also
found a little program called Free SMTP server (softstack.com) that is a
resident mail server on your very own hard drive. It wiggles it's way right
through your ISP and sends mail but, alas it's limited to ten emails a day.

Wilbur Hubbard

On 4/10/2011 3:42 PM, Wilbur Hubbard wrote:
It seems like for about the past month when I send out emails rarely do I
receive a timely reply or any reply at all to many of them. I'd guess that
about half the e-mails I've sent to a certain person, at least, seem to have
ended up probably in their deleted items folder or perhaps their junk mail
file... Should this give me some sort of clue?

Wilbur Hubbard

Hush.com is a spam trap. If she is really into you, she'll give you her
real email addy. Don't hold your breath.

"OmDeFlume" wrote in message ...
On 4/10/2011 3:42 PM, Wilbur Hubbard wrote:
It seems like for about the past month when I send out emails rarely do I
receive a timely reply or any reply at all to many of them. I'd guess
that
about half the e-mails I've sent to a certain person, at least, seem to
have
ended up probably in their deleted items folder or perhaps their junk
mail
file... Should this give me some sort of clue?

Wilbur Hubbard

Hush.com is a spam trap. If she is really into you, she'll give you her
real email addy. Don't hold your breath.

At first it did seem like she was really 'into me'. It was her who posted a
couple links to some bikini photos sort of out of the blue. But, between
then and now, she's got a new boyfriend she seems serious about so that
probably explains the pulling back. She might be a little embarrassed?

She did already give me a Gmail address. She said she doesn't check hush
mail very often. Gmail seems to me, from my use of it for the past several
years, is pretty reliable. I don't think it loses any emails. I check the
junk mail folder from time to time in my account and it's always full of
junk mail but nothing I'd want delivered to my inbox so their junk filters
work remarkably well.

I'm thinking that it's probably a generational thing. I've always thought
the younger generation is really into texting and email, etc. and couldn't
stay away from it even when they're driving which I think is going way too
far and totally irresponsible. That a young woman can go three or four days
at a time not replying is puzzling to me and not responding at all to some
e-mails seems odd provided she's gotten them in the first place. I guess I'd
rather think she didn't get them than she's just not interested enough to
acknowledge them. Maybe it's just her personality. I've noticed she did the
same thing here. Just ignored some posts completely and replied to others
seemingly at random.

Wilbur Hubbard

On Sun, 10 Apr 2011 20:04:13 -0400, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

At first it did seem like she was really 'into me'. It was her who posted a
couple links to some bikini photos sort of out of the blue. But, between
then and now, she's got a new boyfriend she seems serious about so that
probably explains the pulling back. She might be a little embarrassed?

Wilbur, every time I am in the FL Keys, I'm always impressed by the
large numbers of *real* and available women thereabouts. Jessica
however is a figment of somone's imagination.

wrote:

At first it did seem like she was really 'into me'. It was her who posted
couple links to some bikini photos sort of out of the blue. But, between
then and now, she's got a new boyfriend she seems serious about so that
probably explains the pulling back. She might be a little embarrassed?

Wilbur, every time I am in the FL Keys, I'm always impressed by the
large numbers of *real* and available women thereabouts. Jessica
however is a figment of somone's imagination.

You're probably right. sigh

wrote:

"OmDeFlume" wrote in message ...
[...]

It should give you a clue to your importance in her scheme of things.

e-mails seems odd provided she's gotten them in the first place. I guess I'd
rather think she didn't get them than she's just not interested enough to
acknowledge them. Maybe it's just her personality. I've noticed she did the
same thing here. Just ignored some posts completely and replied to others
seemingly at random.

Wilbur Hubbard

Cheers,

Bruce

"Bruce" wrote in message
snip

I'm thinking that it's probably a generational thing. I've always thought
the younger generation is really into texting and email, etc. and couldn't
stay away from it even when they're driving which I think is going way too
far and totally irresponsible. That a young woman can go three or four
days
at a time not replying is puzzling to me and not responding at all to some

It should give you a clue to your importance in her scheme of things.

I know it. Way down at the bottom of the "to do" list. But, it would be one
thing is she just up and told me to get lost but she keeps stringing me
along and acts sincere in still wanting to go for a sail. Can't imagine how
if she has so little time for me now that she's actually gonna show up. I
just don't know what to expect come May. Probably show up at the airport to
pick them up and nobody will show. I wish there was some way to find out the
passenger list on airline flights but I don't think that's public knowledge.

On Sun, 10 Apr 2011 21:55:04 -0400, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Bruce" wrote in message
.. .
snip

[...]

Well, yes. But consider, perhaps that is how she gets HER jollies.

Airplane arrivals I think you might be able to find out whether
someone is on the passenger list after takeoff. You probably can't
access the passenger list but you used to be able to find out whether
Mr. Wilbur Hubbard is on flight 910 departing LA at 0900. But perhaps
with all the 9-11 security that is no longer true. Hell, try the
airline, ask.. Tell them your Intended was supposed to be on the
flight and you want to be sure that you meet her.
Cheers,

Bruce

"Bruce" wrote in message
On Sun, 10 Apr 2011 21:55:04 -0400, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Bruce" wrote in message
. ..
snip

[...]

Good advice but I hate phone calls. The voice mail mill just ****es me off
to much. I prefer the Internet. Just about everything can be found there.

For example,

https://www.aa.com/reservation/findReservationAccess.do

I've asked one of the girls to provide me the 'record locator' so I can
confirm the reservations. She's balked. She's afraid I can use it to change
things. But, it says on the site that it's for confirming reservations only
and no changes allowed except for phoning a reservation agent.

I emailed back with that information a couple hours ago and crickets.
Hmmmmm.

Wilbur Hubbard

The Check is in the Mail Dan J.S. General 4 November 8th 05 05:22 PM
e-mail going around Capt. Neal® ASA 3 April 23rd 05 11:08 PM
I'm being mail bombed Bertie the Bunyip ASA 27 September 23rd 03 08:45 PM
junk mail SkitchNYC ASA 5 August 22nd 03 05:45 AM