Default Is everyone out cruising?

Is everyone out cruising without an internet connection?

Even Wilbur?

Amazing.

Well, we are :{)) Well, not without connection - you know me better than
that :{))

We're off Fowl Cay National Park between Scotland and Man 'o' War Cays.
Booming connection. Log about August in the Abacos in a couple of weeks.

Suffice to say we're loving it, despite my faithful, many-years-old wireless
comfort keyboard having finally died today, losing the bottom right row of
keys (makes it challenging when there's no B,N,M or left-right-down
arrows!). Glad it happened before we left Marsh Harbour, so I'm on a
cheapie ps2 substitute until a replacement arrives with our next guests...

L8R

Skip, hoping to do the port side scrubbing on an intentional grounding
tomorrow

--
Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig KI4MPC

(and)
"There is no such thing as a problem without a gift for you in
its hand. You seek problems because you need their gifts."

(Richard Bach, in Illusions - The Reluctant Messiah)

On Fri, 20 Aug 2010 18:19:15 -0400, "Flying Pig"
wrote:

Skip, hoping to do the port side scrubbing on an intentional grounding
tomorrow

Good to know someone is still connected. :-)

We're back home in SWFL, about halfway through a 52 item "to do" list.
The fun just never stops but progress is being made. The trick is to
work fast enough that more items are fixed than new issues popping up.
Took a low blow a week ago when the aft air con unit in the main cabin
went out but fortunately all it needed was a new thermostat.

How is the weather in the Abacos? We're getting a lot ot t-storms
here but no big rotating stuff yet. What is your get away plan if
something gnarly comes that way?

wrote:

Skip, hoping to do the port side scrubbing on an intentional grounding
tomorrow

Good to know someone is still connected. :-)

Killer connection, and even Batelco (usually) cooperates (there are dead
times when BTC goes away, and with it the data flow on the still-booming
signal).

We're back home in SWFL, about halfway through a 52 item "to do" list.
The fun just never stops but progress is being made. The trick is to
work fast enough that more items are fixed than new issues popping up.

Heh. BTDT - our 4-page to-do, list when we were refitting, never got much
below 2 full pages. Fortunately, our to-do list runs to single digits now...

Took a low blow a week ago when the aft air con unit in the main cabin
went out but fortunately all it needed was a new thermostat.

Wish they could all be that easy - a cruiser here, using a local mechanic,
was troubleshooting a power problem on a 4-154. One injector didn't make
any change in the engine sound, so the mech was going to swap two around.
Happens I had a full set of injectors...

Good thing, too, because the injectors were stuck so hard that two of them
left tips in the head. No amont of brute force would dislodge them, even
after splitting one of them, so the head's now off, going to a machine shop.

Good thing I had the injectors, cuz he's totally out of business, lousy
power or not. If Wilbur's monitoring, that's why I carry all this stuff. I
even have parts that don't go with our boat, cuz SOMEONE will need it. In
any event, what looked like a simple injector swap has turned into something
rather more major!

Side note on that, when I was researching my notes for how much I had to pay
and how much new ones would cost, I found another, VERY different
experience, source for new injectors. Now that we have new in ours, of
course, we don't need replacements, so getting the new ones won't have quite
the urgency our last experience had!

How is the weather in the Abacos? We're getting a lot ot t-storms
here but no big rotating stuff yet. What is your get away plan if
something gnarly comes that way?

Great. Light winds at the moment, so we run the fan in the bedroom (only
when the wind's under 6 or so). By the end of the week, we'll be back to
scoop air only. Highs in the upper 80s, low in the upper 70s.

We're staying here because of the variety of hurricane holes. Hopetown
moorings have been through several hurricanes, including more than a couple
of folks we know who have ridden them out there.

White Sound GTC is recommended also, but we've never been in there - thought
we'd have a draft problem, but have been recently assured by a couple of
folks that we can get in at a normal high tide.

Once we get finished with our bottom, we'll dive the reefs around Fowl until
we have a suitable wind to go over and check out Treasure Key, said to be
something we'd likely find OK, too, and perhaps pay the $10 fee to use the
facilities while we're in there. However, that's also been recommended by a
couple of different cruisers as, with nobody here, TC is reported to rent
two for one slips, and one can tie off with lots of separation, so we want
to check that out as well.

In any event, there are several choices for us, the reason we're here
instead of continuing explorations further south...

L8R

Skip

Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig KI4MPC

"Believe me, my young friend, there is *nothing*-absolutely nothing-half so
much worth doing as simply messing, messing-about-in-boats; messing about in
boats-or *with* boats.
In or out of 'em, it doesn't matter. Nothing seems really to matter, that's
the charm of it.
Whether you get away, or whether you don't; whether you arrive at your
destination or whether you reach somewhere else, or whether you never get
anywhere at all, you're always busy, and you never do anything in
particular; and when you've done it there's always something else to do, and
you can do it if you like, but you'd much better not."

On 8/20/2010 5:55 PM, Wayne.B wrote:

Is everyone out cruising without an internet connection?

Even Wilbur?

Amazing.

Cruising, but haven't had much to say lately. Just missed Obama at the
bookstore yesterday.

"jeff" wrote in message
On 8/20/2010 5:55 PM, Wayne.B wrote:

Is everyone out cruising without an internet connection?

Even Wilbur?

Amazing.

Cruising, but haven't had much to say lately. Just missed Obama at the
bookstore yesterday.

Next time take better aim.

"JR" wrote in message

"jeff" wrote in message
On 8/20/2010 5:55 PM, Wayne.B wrote:

Is everyone out cruising without an internet connection?

Even Wilbur?

Amazing.

Cruising, but haven't had much to say lately. Just missed Obama at the
bookstore yesterday.

Next time take better aim.

Yes. Gun control is being able to hit your target.

On 8/22/10 8:49 AM, Andie wrote:
wrote in message

wrote in message
On 8/20/2010 5:55 PM, Wayne.B wrote:

Is everyone out cruising without an internet connection?

Even Wilbur?

Amazing.
Cruising, but haven't had much to say lately. Just missed Obama at the
bookstore yesterday.

Next time take better aim.

Yes. Gun control is being able to hit your target.

Even *joking* about shooting the POTUS, no matter who he or she is, is
way over the line.

"Secular Humanist" wrote in message
m...

Even *joking* about shooting the POTUS, no matter who he or she is, is way
over the line.

Agreed. But long-time readers of my stuff know that I was parked (well,
grounded, to be precise, due to security preventing me from moving off my
low [well, technically high] spot at high tide) in a place where I could
very easily have taken out GW during a speech about protecting the rockfish
sport industry, in St. Michaels, MD...

As much security as he has, the POTUS is always fair game for some nutcase
with an imagination...

L8R

Skip, enjoying the rain off Scotland Cay

On 8/22/10 12:01 PM, Flying Pig wrote:
"Secular wrote in message
m...

Even *joking* about shooting the POTUS, no matter who he or she is, is way
over the line.

Agreed. But long-time readers of my stuff know that I was parked (well,
grounded, to be precise, due to security preventing me from moving off my
low [well, technically high] spot at high tide) in a place where I could
very easily have taken out GW during a speech about protecting the rockfish
sport industry, in St. Michaels, MD...

As much security as he has, the POTUS is always fair game for some nutcase
with an imagination...

L8R

Skip, enjoying the rain off Scotland Cay

Indeed. As much as I disliked G.W. Bush, I sure as hell did not want him
assassinated while in office. That's a horrible thing to have happen in
a country like ours. I didn't like Reagan, either, but I was pulling for
him to recover fully after that lunatic shot him.

Cruising Equipment, Long Range Cruising - new thread, was PDQ for sale, etc Wayne.B Cruising 9 July 8th 09 02:06 AM
What is cruising? Roger Long Cruising 33 March 4th 08 10:22 PM
What Cruising Is [email protected] ASA 5 November 9th 07 02:01 AM
New to cruising (UK) Grey Cruising 5 May 9th 06 05:07 PM
Understanding Cruising (from rec.boats.cruising) Capt. Neal® ASA 5 April 8th 05 07:19 PM