Secular Humanist Secular Humanist is offline

Default Is everyone out cruising?

On 8/22/10 12:01 PM, Flying Pig wrote:
"Secular wrote in message
m...

Even *joking* about shooting the POTUS, no matter who he or she is, is way
over the line.

Agreed. But long-time readers of my stuff know that I was parked (well,
grounded, to be precise, due to security preventing me from moving off my
low [well, technically high] spot at high tide) in a place where I could
very easily have taken out GW during a speech about protecting the rockfish
sport industry, in St. Michaels, MD...

As much security as he has, the POTUS is always fair game for some nutcase
with an imagination...

L8R

Skip, enjoying the rain off Scotland Cay

Indeed. As much as I disliked G.W. Bush, I sure as hell did not want him
assassinated while in office. That's a horrible thing to have happen in
a country like ours. I didn't like Reagan, either, but I was pulling for
him to recover fully after that lunatic shot him.