Default How to make French Toast on the boat...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPOL8...layer_embedded
--

Richard Lamb

cavelamb wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPOL8...layer_embedded

Obviously, it wasn't on Willie's boat!

Gordon wrote:
cavelamb wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPOL8...layer_embedded

Obviously, it wasn't on Willie's boat!

Yeah. But not on mine either (sadly)...

--

Richard Lamb

I wonder what kind of boat that is. Galley looks a bit like a Whitby/Brewer
42...

Nice to watch with no sound, as it's funnier that way :{))

L8R

Skip, anchored off Bakers Bay with a KILLER signal, so Lydia's on the phone
to England...

--
Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig KI4MPC

(and)
"There is no such thing as a problem without a gift for you in
its hand. You seek problems because you need their gifts."

(Richard Bach, in Illusions - The Reluctant Messiah)

On Fri, 6 Aug 2010 18:04:41 -0400, "Flying Pig"
wrote:

Skip, anchored off Bakers Bay

How is that new marina progressing ?

We found some decent shells last year on that little sandy island just
to the north.

wrote:

Skip, anchored off Bakers Bay

How is that new marina progressing ?

We found some decent shells last year on that little sandy island just
to the north.

I don't really know about the new marina - haven't heard any scuttlebutt -
but we're going to be here for a few days. Killer WiFi signal, Lydia's been
on with her mother in England over Vonage several times already.

We're going to intentionally ground ourselves for some bottom work, and then
end-for-end the primary chain, which has NO galvanizing on the anchor end of
it any more (both jobs standing on the bottom with a hookah supplying us),
in between which we'll explore the huge reefs off the NE side.

Just finished modifying two shell horns (one conch, one Triton) to take
mouthpieces. You wouldn't believe the difference in the sound, including
harmonics that nobody usually gets to hear on a shell horn. I'm leaving the
Horse Conch shell "natural" :{))

Interesting to have that "old brass" taste in my mouth again after all these
years of not playing...

L8R

Skip

--
Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig KI4MPC

(and)
"There is no such thing as a problem without a gift for you in
its hand. You seek problems because you need their gifts."

(Richard Bach, in Illusions - The Reluctant Messiah)

Default Bakers Bay (was) How to make French Toast on the boat...

Update to my last; when we were anchored last night, the lights at the
marina were very prominent, so apparently there's lots of activity. Last
year, when we thought we saw a way through to the Atlantic side, we
unknowingly came out of there on the Abaco side, turning left, and made it
well past settlement harbor when/before I noticed that the sun was in the
wrong place for our direction of travel!

That had meant that we'd traversed the entire marina, more or less. At that
time, the marina was in active construction, and not many boats there.
We'll probably have a chance to buzz in there sometime in the next few days
and can report back.

However, there are not less than two Bakers Bay WiFi portals, one of which
we use routinely in Marsh Harbour, 12 miles away; here, they're absolutely
booming, and we're very spoiled by the constant-on broadband. That there are
two repeaters suggests at least some notable volume of guests...

L8R

Skip, about to go overboard, once the boat stops bouncing on the intentional
grounding, for cleaning chores

--
Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig KI4MPC

(and)
"There is no such thing as a problem without a gift for you in
its hand. You seek problems because you need their gifts."

(Richard Bach, in Illusions - The Reluctant Messiah)

On Sat, 7 Aug 2010 10:53:08 -0400, "Flying Pig"
wrote:

Update to my last; when we were anchored last night, the lights at the
marina were very prominent, so apparently there's lots of activity. Last
year, when we thought we saw a way through to the Atlantic side, we
unknowingly came out of there on the Abaco side, turning left, and made it
well past settlement harbor when/before I noticed that the sun was in the
wrong place for our direction of travel!

That had meant that we'd traversed the entire marina, more or less. At that
time, the marina was in active construction, and not many boats there.
We'll probably have a chance to buzz in there sometime in the next few days
and can report back.

We went through there with the dinghy last year and it looked like it
was going to be a huge operation when they were finished, and mucho
dinero already spent.

On 07/08/2010 15:53, Flying Pig wrote:
Update to my last; when we were anchored last night, the lights at the
marina were very prominent, so apparently there's lots of activity. Last
year, when we thought we saw a way through to the Atlantic side, we
unknowingly came out of there on the Abaco side, turning left, and made it
well past settlement harbor when/before I noticed that the sun was in the
wrong place for our direction of travel!#

Did you get a free gift?

In article , cavelamb wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPOL8...layer_embedded

She can make French toast on my boat _any_ time she likes.

Justin.

--
Justin C, by the sea.