Walt

Default Swift Boat Liar Alfred French admits he's just repeating rumors...

Yup, he's just repeating the lies told to him by the other Swift Boat
Liars The Swift Boat Liars are amazing.

http://www.oregonlive.com/news/orego...0303292321.xml

A Clackamas County prosecutor and decorated Vietnam veteran who
appears in an ad attacking Democratic presidential contender John F.
Kerry's war record said he did not witness the events in question and
is relying on the accounts of his friends who served with the senator.

[Alfred] French, in an interview Thursday, said Kerry lied about the
circumstances that led to one of his Purple Hearts and a Bronze Star.
Kerry received a Bronze Star, a Silver Star and three Purple Hearts
commanding a Swift boat in Vietnam.

French said he is relying on the accounts of three other veterans who
were friends of his at the time. A fourth veteran with whom French was
acquainted corroborated their accounts.

"I was not a witness to these events but my friends were," said
French, who was awarded two Bronze Stars during the war. "I believe
these people. These are people I served with."

One of the men is Larry Thurlow, a leader of the veterans group and
one of Kerry's most vocal critics. Thurlow, who served alongside
Kerry, has disputed Kerry's claim that the senator's boat was under
fire in March 1969 when he pulled Lt. Jim Rassmann out of the water.

But according to Thurlow's military records, obtained this week by The
Washington Post, the five-boat flotilla was under enemy fire that day.

--
// Walt
//

Paul J. Berg

Walt wrote in message ...
[...]

Persons who wish to email Mr. French can do so at
Paul J. Berg

(Paul J. Berg) wrote in message . com...
Walt wrote in message ...
[...]

OREGON CITY, Ore. - Clackamas County veterans are calling for the
resignation of an assistant district attorney who appeared in
television ads attacking Democratic presidential nominee John Kerry's
military record.

In the ad, and a sworn affidavit, Al French says he served with Kerry
and that the Purple Heart medals Kerry received were obtained under
false pretenses.

However, French admitted later that he did not witness the events
mentioned in the affidavit and was relying on what his friends told
him.

Veteran Don Stewart says he believes it was outrageous that French
would try to smear Kerry's military record.

"Mr. French signed an affidavit defaming John Kerry's military service
and then he admitted that he had no first-hand knowledge of what he
swore to," Stewart said on Monday. "Someone who the community trusts
to carry out the law cannot be lying in sworn, legal affidavits."

On Monday, French would neither confirm nor deny the reports that he
did not witness the events mentioned in the affidavit.

The Oregon State Bar says they have received enough complaints to look
into the matter, with the main question being whether French violated
ethics.

Source: http://www.katu.com/news/story.asp?ID=70418
SAIL LOCO

It seems today Kerry's handlers have come out with a statement announcing that
Kerry's first Purple Hart may have been from self inflicted wounds. What's
next? Didn't spend Christmas in Cambodia?
S/V Express 30 "Ringmaster"
"Trains are a winter sport"
Jonathan Ganz

In article ,
Dave wrote:
Yes. Sort of SOP when you're going to back pedal--send out a tentative trial
balloon and see which way it gets blown.

I did see something from the "depends on what the meaning of 'is' is" crew
trying to explain that when he wrote in his journal a week after the first
purple heart event that "we" hadn't yet come under enemy fire he wasn't
including himself in the "we." Think that pig will fly?

Don't know, but it's pretty obvious that poodles can't.

--
Jonathan Ganz (j gan z @ $ail no w.c=o=m)
http://www.sailnow.com

Paul J. Berg

Walt wrote in message ...
[...]

Oregon Swift Boat Veteran Placed On Leave

August 27, 2004

**OREGON CITY, ORE. - Clackamas County prosecutor Al French, the
Vietnam veteran who called John Kerry a liar in a political ad and
then admitted he had never witnessed Kerry in combat, is in hot water
again.

Now, The Oregonian reports that he has been put on a 30-day paid leave
because he may have lied about a long-ago extramarital affair with a
secretary.

French's former boss says French was asked about the alleged affair 10
years ago, but denied it.

However, French acknowledged the affair in conversation with The
Oregonian. Such an affair would have violated office policy.

Because of the Kerry ad, French has been facing pickets outside his
office, and complaints about unethical conduct to the state bar.

The ad was made by a controversial group called "Swift Boat Veterans
for Truth."

Source: http://www.katu.com/printstory.asp?ID=70554