Flying Pig[_2_] Flying Pig[_2_] is offline

Default How to make French Toast on the boat...

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
On Fri, 6 Aug 2010 18:04:41 -0400, "Flying Pig"
wrote:

Skip, anchored off Bakers Bay

How is that new marina progressing ?

We found some decent shells last year on that little sandy island just
to the north.

I don't really know about the new marina - haven't heard any scuttlebutt -
but we're going to be here for a few days. Killer WiFi signal, Lydia's been
on with her mother in England over Vonage several times already.

We're going to intentionally ground ourselves for some bottom work, and then
end-for-end the primary chain, which has NO galvanizing on the anchor end of
it any more (both jobs standing on the bottom with a hookah supplying us),
in between which we'll explore the huge reefs off the NE side.

Just finished modifying two shell horns (one conch, one Triton) to take
mouthpieces. You wouldn't believe the difference in the sound, including
harmonics that nobody usually gets to hear on a shell horn. I'm leaving the
Horse Conch shell "natural" :{))

Interesting to have that "old brass" taste in my mouth again after all these
years of not playing...

L8R

Skip

--
Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig KI4MPC

(and)
"There is no such thing as a problem without a gift for you in
its hand. You seek problems because you need their gifts."

(Richard Bach, in Illusions - The Reluctant Messiah)