Default Boob's day in paradise

:{))

However, you raise a useful point WRT the presumption that most of it was
aimed at my logs.

If they're not of general interest, it will save me a step not to bother
putting them up here...

L8R

Skip, connected between Big Majors and Staniel Cays, Exumas Bahamas

--
Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig KI4MPC

(and)
"There is no such thing as a problem without a gift for you in
its hand. You seek problems because you need their gifts."

(Richard Bach, in Illusions - The Reluctant Messiah)

hk hk is offline

On 5/29/10 9:58 AM, Flying Pig wrote:
:{))

However, you raise a useful point WRT the presumption that most of it was
aimed at my logs.

If they're not of general interest, it will save me a step not to bother
putting them up here...

L8R

Skip, connected between Big Majors and Staniel Cays, Exumas Bahamas

I get a kick out of them. I don't read them all, but I enjoy the ones I
do read. Further, your posts have convinced me that the cruising life is
not something I'd enjoy. I like boating, but not the endless maintenance
what you do seems to entail.

I like your attitude,too.

Carry on.

--
The Tea Party's teabaggers are just the Republican base by another name.

"hk" wrote in message

I get a kick out of them. I don't read them all, but I enjoy the ones I do
read. Further, your posts have convinced me that the cruising life is not
something I'd enjoy. I like boating, but not the endless maintenance what
you do seems to entail.

Skippy doesn't know what the real cruising life is all about. His main
problem is his boat's too big and complicated and he's got it loaded with
every conceivable, lubberly, unnecessary and breakdown prone "convenience"
which always turns out to be quite inconvenient when it breaks down and he
has to repair or replace it. Hence, he's become a systems slave.

So, don't get the wrong idea. Cruising should be simple and relatively
trouble free. A real cruiser spends the majority of his time sitting in the
cockpit observing and tweaking his sails while scanning the horizon. Next is
food and beverage consumption. Following that is sleep. Maintenance
constitutes perhaps 2% of his time.

And, a real cruiser leaves the distaff side home where she belongs. Women on
sailboats require too much pampering and they take up too much space and
they consume way excessively such scarce resources such as fresh water. Not
only that, but they bring bad luck.

Wilbur Hubbard
(spends more time drinking beer than working on failed and failing systems)

Wilbur Hubbard wrote:
"hk" wrote in message
[...]

Would you quit whining about Skip and do something your own bad self?

I *LIKE* having women on board!

--

Richard Lamb

"cavelamb" wrote in message
m...
Wilbur Hubbard wrote:
"hk" wrote in message
[...]

Women are nest builders. Every real man knows that.

A sailboat is the very poorest of nests and no woman will be really happy
and fulfilled cruising long-term in such an insecure and transient
contraption. Buy the woman a nice home ashore and visit her from time to
time as a break from cruising and both man and woman will be the happier for
it.

Wilbur Hubbard

In article s.com,
llid says...
"cavelamb" wrote in message
m...
Wilbur Hubbard wrote:
"hk" wrote in message
[...]

Larry Pardey would probably disagree with you. He's got the miles and
years at sea to make his opinion count.

Mark Borgerson

On Sat, 29 May 2010 18:34:37 -0500, cavelamb
wrote:

Wilbur Hubbard wrote:
"hk" wrote in message
[...]

It is called "rationalization", in other words if you are unable to
get one you say "I don't want one". Sour grapes, in other words...

Bob Bob is offline

Women are nest builders.

Wilbur Hubbard

Dear wilbur. i agree at times however here you are wrong making a
blanket statment. I met two women while attend my Lifeboatman course a
year and a half ago. I belive I was criticized for doing so by someone
here. They were employed on one of the tall ships working the west
coast, worked aloft, and had a shake that felt between a riggers screw
and a carpenters block. extreamly agil, knowldgable and sea worthy
women. then there was the woman giving sailing lesson at the bottom of
lake union in Seattle, WA. again another tall ship sailor only she was
a 500 ton mate. we had a great conversatoin on worm-parcil-serving
splices. again I would sail with any of those seaman on any oceans.

So you see. Not all woman are fat frumpy cows. Many are extreamly
capable sailors. You just have to know where to look.

Bob

On Sat, 29 May 2010 19:41:51 -0700, Mark Borgerson
wrote:

In article s.com,
says...
"cavelamb" wrote in message
m...
Wilbur Hubbard wrote:
"hk" wrote in message
[...]

And I believe that Lin agrees with him :-)

"Bruce" wrote in message
On Sat, 29 May 2010 19:41:51 -0700, Mark Borgerson
wrote:

In article s.com,
says...
"cavelamb" wrote in message
m...
Wilbur Hubbard wrote:
"hk" wrote in message
[...]

Oh, give me a freaking BREAK! One rare exception does not a rule prove.

Wilbur Hubbard.

The Boob's new Job Mike[_7_] ASA 3 December 26th 07 01:48 AM
Fun in paradise Joe ASA 1 April 12th 07 09:16 PM
New Paradise! SUZY ASA 0 May 8th 06 07:23 PM
Paradise Bay Capt.American ASA 1 October 23rd 05 02:28 AM
The Boob's electric winch SAIL LOCO ASA 13 December 3rd 03 04:05 PM