Default Boob's day in paradise

Wilbur Hubbard wrote:

Gags me - just gags me!!! Any liberal woman who stepped foot aboard my boat
would be seen, in very short order, walking the plank prodded in the ass by
a sharp boat hook with a sock stuffed in her pie hole and weighed down with
about fifty pounds of old rusty anchor chain.

Wilbur Hubbard

2:15 AM.
We just got home from an evening cruise.

Anchored out for an hour or so just to watch the stars.
I've set up an anchor on the stern rail so I can drop is if I need to
without having to wander forward to do so. It worked fine.
Drop off the stern then transfer to the bow cheat to point at the moon!
(We saw some small satellite fly over. Too small to be the ISS. Dunno.
It's wasn't on any of my schedules. But it was definitely on orbit)

D brought us in.
Yep, all by her own bad self.
Some guys here won't let their girls even handle the tiller.
I'm different, I guess.
I like having a competent crew.

Willy, I believe you are afraid of women.

Did the courts do that?
Or did it come - naturally?

--

Richard Lamb

Wilbur Hubbard wrote:
"Bruce" wrote in message
snipped
And young nubile boys are just so much more attractive, right?

Says the bloke living in the land of 'lady boys'?

LOL

Wilbur Hubbard

Chill, bitch.
I think he gotcha!

--

Richard Lamb

On Tue, 01 Jun 2010 02:27:15 -0500, cavelamb
wrote:

Wilbur Hubbard wrote:
"Bruce" wrote in message
snipped
And young nubile boys are just so much more attractive, right?

Says the bloke living in the land of 'lady boys'?

LOL

Wilbur Hubbard

Chill, bitch.
I think he gotcha!

The fact that you live in a country that doesn't demonize homosexuals
has about as much reference to anything as the fact that you live in
the land of Cubans...

Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)

On Tue, 01 Jun 2010 02:26:39 -0500, cavelamb
wrote:

Wilbur Hubbard wrote:

[...]

Forget about Wilbur for a moment.

How do you have your anchor rigged? Are you using all rope or a chain
leader? I assume that you drag out some rode and carry the anchor back
and hang it on the stern pulpit and just toss it overboard when you
want to stop. But how about retrieving it?

Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)
mmc mmc is offline

"Bruce" wrote in message
On Mon, 31 May 2010 19:39:01 -0400, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Bob" wrote in message
On May 30, 3:43 pm, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

But who needs an attractive woman who will, 99% of the time,
hate cruising.

Them's the facts, boys. . .

Wilbur Hubbard

trust me willbur those tall ship women were not dykes with (marlin)
spikes. I do agree 99,999% of republican-teabagger women from Ohio

snipped totally untenable suggestion which smacks of feminism

Good grief, but that's the worst suggestion I ever heard - get a liberal
woman to cruise with?

My GAWD! You're asking me to exist in purgatory. No liberal woman would
last
five minutes aboard my sailboat before she would be seen walking the plank
being prodded in her fat, worthless, liberal ass with a boat hook.

Do you know what a nightmare it would be for a conservative man being
subjected to the mung and drool liberal women would constantly dribble out
of their uppity mouths?

"Save the whales, stop global warming, hug the trees, let's go see a
Broadway play, let's all drive electric cars, one square of toilet paper
allowed per defecation episode, we demand our abortion rights, save the
starving Ethiopian children, equal pay for males and females, gay rights,
close Guantanamo Bay, one year paid leave for pregnancy . . ."

Gags me - just gags me!!! Any liberal woman who stepped foot aboard my
boat
would be seen, in very short order, walking the plank prodded in the ass
by
a sharp boat hook with a sock stuffed in her pie hole and weighed down
with
about fifty pounds of old rusty anchor chain.

Wilbur Hubbard

And young nubile boys are just so much more attractive, right?

Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)

The only woman likely to ever be seen on Wilburneals yellow tub is the blow
up kind.

Jim Jim is offline

Wilbur Hubbard wrote:

Oh, give me a freaking BREAK! One rare exception does not a rule prove.

Nothing worse than the pseudo-educated flapping their jaws.
The exception proves OUT the rule.

Jim - Learned that at hard-knock school. 1st grade.

Bob Bob is offline

Nothing worse than the pseudo-educated flapping their jaws.
The exception proves OUT the rule.

Jim - Learned that at hard-knock school. *1st grade.

Help me out here Jim. Im not sure what you mean by .......proves OUT
the rule......

Do you mean it .... supports the rule?
or
does not support the rule?

I dont know what you mean by proves out. I assum that its a quirk to
your local dialect. Are you from texas or the south? or have parents
from that area. Im interested in the origin your word choice.
Bob
Jim Jim is offline

Bob wrote:
Nothing worse than the pseudo-educated flapping their jaws.
The exception proves OUT the rule.

Jim - Learned that at hard-knock school. 1st grade.

Help me out here Jim. Im not sure what you mean by .......proves OUT
the rule......

Do you mean it .... supports the rule?
or
does not support the rule?

I dont know what you mean by proves out. I assum that its a quirk to
your local dialect. Are you from texas or the south? or have parents
from that area. Im interested in the origin your word choice.
Bob

It's scientific and logical. Means "proves invalid."
As in toss it out.
Read it somewhere in reference to this old saw.
Of course I could have misread or misremembered.
That's possible. Or maybe what I read was plain wrong-headed.
But I don't want to get all arcane and tangled up here.
Wouldn't be right.
I bet Neal says things like "I could care less" too.

Jim - It's raining cats and dogs here right now.

..

Bruce wrote:
How do you have your anchor rigged? Are you using all rope or a chain
leader? I assume that you drag out some rode and carry the anchor back
and hang it on the stern pulpit and just toss it overboard when you
want to stop. But how about retrieving it?

Cheers,

Bruce

Hi Bruce,

It's a flood control lake on the Red River along the border between Texas
and Oklahoma (98,000 acres). The lake is mostly 50-60 feet deep to the shores.

The Oklahoma side slopes down into the lake, and the Texas side is mostly
shear cliffs. That's part of the Red River Valley...

So it's not easy to find a comfortable place to anchor.
Last night, exploring the Little Mineral Creek arm, when I found a section
where the bottom came up *SMOOTHLY* to 18 - 20 feet, way out in the middle
of the creek (about a mile wide), I ran a search pattern over it half a dozen
times to make sure I wasn't trying to anchor on some submerged barn.

I have a heavy Bruce type ( !) and a Danforth type in the anchor locker
with 200 feet of rode and 10 feet of chain already bent on. Old habit.

I added a rail bracket and another Danforth on the st'bd side stern rail
as a quick drop in case of sudden need. That one has 120 feet of rode
and 6 feet of vinyl covered chain. The rode is kept in an anchor line bag
(net bag) in the cockpit locker. It can be bent to the anchor, or added
forward, as needed.

So the anchor is in place (when you want it there), but the rode is stowed.

She comes to a stop with the breeze on the stern - very comfortable.
Also directly facing the rising moon last night. Very romantic environment.

To face the boat INTO the wind, I pull up some slack in the rode, and walk that
forward to a bow cleat outside the lifelines.

At no time is the rode ever unfastened.

As for retrieving, we are probably less than 8000 pounds all up weight.
So the above works well to bring the boat head-to.

In heavy weather, cleat the rode to the bow before beginning this evolution.
Do a conventional into-the-wind approach and drop.
It's easier on me when solo.
Maybe safer too? The helm is manned and no moving around on deck.

I guess my worst fear is close maneuvering in the marina.

An anchor there isn't going to help much when the water is a lot
deeper than it is wide!

--

Richard Lamb

On Tue, 01 Jun 2010 15:38:04 -0500, cavelamb
wrote:

.

Bruce wrote:
[...]

You only have abut 18 meters of water there. Not that deep although
with rope you probably use a 5::1 scope and the short chain isn't
doing much to help the anchor.

You comments abut not going forward is something I've always felt must
be a problem in small boats as they all have a sort of elevated cabin
top to gain more room below and that usually makes going forward
somewhat difficult,I'd think. And their "rails" are only about knee
high which doesn't make one feel too secure if the boat is bouncing
around a bit.

I have see something that you might find useful, although it is not
beautiful :-) Many boats have a sort of reel mounted on the aft
pulpit. It is a two part spool, I'd say about 2 feet long that bolts
around a horizontal tube somewhere on the aft pulpit and is used to
store the stern anchor line. It isn't for retrieving the anchor which
is apparently done by hand or a sheet winch but does make an easy
place to carry the line.

The Boob's new Job Mike[_7_] ASA 3 December 26th 07 01:48 AM
Fun in paradise Joe ASA 1 April 12th 07 09:16 PM
New Paradise! SUZY ASA 0 May 8th 06 07:23 PM
Paradise Bay Capt.American ASA 1 October 23rd 05 02:28 AM
The Boob's electric winch SAIL LOCO ASA 13 December 3rd 03 04:05 PM