cavelamb cavelamb is offline

Default Boob's day in paradise

Wilbur Hubbard wrote:
"hk" wrote in message
I get a kick out of them. I don't read them all, but I enjoy the ones I do
read. Further, your posts have convinced me that the cruising life is not
something I'd enjoy. I like boating, but not the endless maintenance what
you do seems to entail.

Skippy doesn't know what the real cruising life is all about. His main
problem is his boat's too big and complicated and he's got it loaded with
every conceivable, lubberly, unnecessary and breakdown prone "convenience"
which always turns out to be quite inconvenient when it breaks down and he
has to repair or replace it. Hence, he's become a systems slave.

So, don't get the wrong idea. Cruising should be simple and relatively
trouble free. A real cruiser spends the majority of his time sitting in the
cockpit observing and tweaking his sails while scanning the horizon. Next is
food and beverage consumption. Following that is sleep. Maintenance
constitutes perhaps 2% of his time.

And, a real cruiser leaves the distaff side home where she belongs. Women on
sailboats require too much pampering and they take up too much space and
they consume way excessively such scarce resources such as fresh water. Not
only that, but they bring bad luck.

Wilbur Hubbard
(spends more time drinking beer than working on failed and failing systems)

Would you quit whining about Skip and do something your own bad self?

I *LIKE* having women on board!

--

Richard Lamb