Default aioe and other news clients

My news client is rejecting any new or reply messages, and has been
flaky in the past.

Anybody got another newsreader/poster they'd recommend? I'm tired of
using the google web interface...

L8R

Skip

Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig KI4MPC

The Society for the Preservation of Tithesis commends your ebriated
and scrutible use of delible and defatigable, which are gainly, sipid
and couth. We are gruntled and consolate that you have the ertia and
eptitude to choose such putably pensible tithesis, which we parage.

Stamp out Sesquipedalianism

hk hk is offline

On 5/4/10 7:30 AM, Skip Gundlach wrote:
My news client is rejecting any new or reply messages, and has been
flaky in the past.

Anybody got another newsreader/poster they'd recommend? I'm tired of
using the google web interface...

L8R

Skip

Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig KI4MPC

The Society for the Preservation of Tithesis commends your ebriated
and scrutible use of delible and defatigable, which are gainly, sipid
and couth. We are gruntled and consolate that you have the ertia and
eptitude to choose such putably pensible tithesis, which we parage.

Stamp out Sesquipedalianism

news.individual.net is pretty reliable. Cost about $15 a year. No
binaries, though.

--
The Tea Party's teabaggers are just the Republican base by another name.

astraweb.com

Lew

In article , Skip Gundlach wrote:
My news client is rejecting any new or reply messages, and has been
flaky in the past.

Anybody got another newsreader/poster they'd recommend? I'm tired of
using the google web interface...

slrn for reading and leafnode for receiving/posting... though these will
require Linux, BSD, or possibly a Mac - slrn *may* run on Windows but it
might take a bit of effort to get there, but you'd still need a Linux
box for leafnode. These have been my setup for the last thirteen years.

Justin.

--
Justin C, by the sea.

"Skip Gundlach" wrote in message
My news client is rejecting any new or reply messages, and has been
flaky in the past.

I think perhaps you have your nomenclature confused.

In the Subject line you typed, "aioe and other news clients"

In the message body you said your news 'client' is rejecting new or reply
messages.

I'm guessing that you've mixed up the meaning of "client" and "news service
provider"

Your client is the software you use to connect to your news service
provider.

Google Groups web interface can be your client. Windows Mail can be your
client and lots more such as XNews, Free and Forte Agent, Mozilla, Pan, etc.

I'm not sure what you're really asking for.

If you're asking for recommendations for great news service providers you'll
be better of with a fee-based provider. I love Altopia. Six bucks a month.
Very reliable and the admin is a great guy who will answer e-mails in a
timely manner.

https://www.altopia.com/

I've used all the free news service provider and they are OK in a pinch but
they are like going around on crutches. 72 bucks a year seems to me to be a
very reasonable price for a service one can depend on.

--
Gregory Hall

P.S. Wilbur Hubbard tells me he loves his Octanews block account. He bought
a 12 gig block years ago and it's still got 11 of gigs left as Wilbur does
text only. He doesn't know if Octanews still offers block accounts but it
would be worth checking as the price sure is right and Octanews is very
reliable and fast and complete.

http://www.octanews.com/

" Joe" wrote in message
aioe SUCKS almost as much as Gaynze

Nobody sucks as much as that little fagBoi!

--
Gregory Hall

On Tue, 4 May 2010 04:30:00 -0700 (PDT), Skip Gundlach
wrote:

Anybody got another newsreader/poster they'd recommend? I'm tired of
using the google web interface...

I've been using Forte's "Agent" with SuperNews for years. Works OK
for me and not all that expensive.

Well, I, again, had some issues with my newsreader server, aioe. This time
I seem to have been banned from posting, though it still pulls.

I've gone to this one, free, allows posting, and very fast pulls and
puts...

202.177.16.121 - no signup, no passwords, no port configurations. Plug and
play instantly on downloading from their website. Likely you could simply
add them to your server list if you use Outlook Express as your reader as I
do...

L8R

Skip, happy to be connected in the middle of nowhere off the top of Allens
Cay

--
Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig KI4MPC

(and)
"There is no such thing as a problem without a gift for you in
its hand. You seek problems because you need their gifts."

(Richard Bach, in Illusions - The Reluctant Messiah)

Iridium Email Clients - Which One? [email protected] Cruising 2 October 7th 08 05:13 AM
aioe challenges Skip Gundlach Cruising 2 July 1st 08 06:49 PM
aioe challenges Skip Gundlach Cruising 3 June 30th 08 10:03 PM
rowboats news bot tracks breaking rowboat news [email protected] General 0 December 7th 05 08:29 PM
OT--Great news for Iraq...terrible news for Iran NOYB General 0 June 4th 04 03:20 AM