Gregory Hall, Esq. Gregory Hall, Esq. is offline

Default aioe and other news clients

"Skip Gundlach" wrote in message
My news client is rejecting any new or reply messages, and has been
flaky in the past.

I think perhaps you have your nomenclature confused.

In the Subject line you typed, "aioe and other news clients"

In the message body you said your news 'client' is rejecting new or reply
messages.

I'm guessing that you've mixed up the meaning of "client" and "news service
provider"

Your client is the software you use to connect to your news service
provider.

Google Groups web interface can be your client. Windows Mail can be your
client and lots more such as XNews, Free and Forte Agent, Mozilla, Pan, etc.

I'm not sure what you're really asking for.

If you're asking for recommendations for great news service providers you'll
be better of with a fee-based provider. I love Altopia. Six bucks a month.
Very reliable and the admin is a great guy who will answer e-mails in a
timely manner.

https://www.altopia.com/

I've used all the free news service provider and they are OK in a pinch but
they are like going around on crutches. 72 bucks a year seems to me to be a
very reasonable price for a service one can depend on.

--
Gregory Hall

P.S. Wilbur Hubbard tells me he loves his Octanews block account. He bought
a 12 gig block years ago and it's still got 11 of gigs left as Wilbur does
text only. He doesn't know if Octanews still offers block accounts but it
would be worth checking as the price sure is right and Octanews is very
reliable and fast and complete.

http://www.octanews.com/