mmc mmc is offline

Default Tall Ship Concordia sunk of coast of Brazil

"Roger Long" wrote in message
On Feb 21, 4:37 pm, "mmc" wrote:

How's it going Roger?

Going good. I'm designing a very cool boat for a company in China and
starting to inquiries about work that indicate that the economy is
showing signs of life.

I was going to take a winter off from working on my boat but I've had
to put off my planned grand tour of Nova Scotia another year due to
some family stuff. I'm taking advantage of the more relaxed schedule
in the spring to undertake the major project of putting a rather
interesting heating system in the boat. Details he

http://www.rogerlongboats.com/10Winter.htm

"Perfect Storm" is actually quite a good book if you simply cut all
the reported wave heights in half. Someone I used to work for did the
stability test on the boat and he told me he didn't think she ever saw
the storm. She had probably rolled over and sunk long before it had
built up into anything remarkable.

How are things in your corner of the world?

--
Roger Long

----------
Strider is looking great! Like the plan for the cabin/water heater too.
Our weather here in FL has finally come to reflect what we expect in the
winter, weekend was beautiful, mid 70s and clear. Took our pontoon out for
an island visit with the kids on Saturday.
About "Perfect Storm", I have a real problem with people who don't know what
happened/where/how or why projecting thier ideas and opinions as facts. See
it all to much in Gov't and contracting.

Roger Long wrote in news:af04ca82-7220-43d6-b480-
:

http://www.rogerlongboats.com/10Winter.htm

"Strider is going to be only slightly less complicated than a nuclear power
plant in the piping department"

I was thinking more like a U-boat....(c;]

Hi, Roger!

Thanks for the link. Our problem in South Carolina is getting a cold
drink. Heating water for a shower just means leaving the sun beating down
on the lazerette where the hot water tank is located and watching the hose
so it doesn't boil to blow the system.

--
"iPad is to computing what Etch-A-Sketch is to art!"

Larry

On Feb 24, 10:41*pm, Larry wrote:
*Our problem in South Carolina is getting a cold
drink. *Heating water for a shower just means leaving the sun beating down
on the lazerette where the hot water tank is located and watching the hose
so it doesn't boil to blow the system.

Was that true last Nov Dec? Sounds like I would have wanted this
heater all the way to FL if I had been heading down the ICW after
hurricane season this year.

--
Roger Long

On Thu, 25 Feb 2010 10:08:49 -0800 (PST), Roger Long
wrote:

On Feb 24, 10:41*pm, Larry wrote:
*Our problem in South Carolina is getting a cold
drink. *Heating water for a shower just means leaving the sun beating down
on the lazerette where the hot water tank is located and watching the hose
so it doesn't boil to blow the system.

Was that true last Nov Dec? Sounds like I would have wanted this
heater all the way to FL if I had been heading down the ICW after
hurricane season this year.

I once spent a winter in South Carolina courtesy of the US Army. It
can get very cold there in January/February, and this year Florida
hasn't been much better.

Roger Long wrote in
:

On Feb 24, 10:41*pm, Larry wrote:
*Our problem in South Carolina is getting a cold
drink. *Heating water for a shower just means leaving the sun beating

own
on the lazerette where the hot water tank is located and watching the
hos

so it doesn't boil to blow the system.

Was that true last Nov Dec? Sounds like I would have wanted this
heater all the way to FL if I had been heading down the ICW after
hurricane season this year.

--
Roger Long

You'd want a full blown diesel genset running at 3/4 load today. It's
only 6C at 1738ET on the Ashley River at Magnolia Gardens as I type this
and the wind has been howling all day. Of course, sailing in such wind,
we'd be warm as toast watching the handrail dragging in the water
listening to the sheets groaning as she passes her old speed record, her
winch handle a really hard turn in low gear....(c;]....smiling from ear
to ear. Who'd notice the cold when she's hauling ass?!

--
"iPad is to computing what Etch-A-Sketch is to art!"

Larry

Wayne.B wrote in
:

I once spent a winter in South Carolina courtesy of the US Army. It
can get very cold there in January/February, and this year Florida
hasn't been much better.

You're about as far North as I'd want to be in all this "global warming" of
2010. I was going to clean out my old '73 Mercedes 220D so its new owner
can come get it, but had to abort as my fingers were freezing in the full
gale blowing across the Ashley River and up the driveway. It's 6C at 17:43
and I can hear the wind howling, still, through the roof. The river looks
like the surface of the ocean with full waves beating the docks.