Default I hate to say it but there sure is a bunch of ignorance here concerning VHF antennas

Hi, Wayne, and list

"Wayne.B" wrote in message

There's something about your antenna that I don't understand. Does
yours look like the follwing drawing:

http://www.metzcommunication.com/ima...heetforweb.jpg

That diagram clearly shows an SO-239 female connector with plenty of
threads showing, which is how I remember it.

Is yours different in some way?

http://www.justpickone.org/skip/gall...onics&start=88
and the next page have pix of the current Metz antenna. Apparently, they've
changed their antennae, as the MMSI, AM/FM and this Metz I have all have the
type of connector shown, which is a discontinous thread. The pix of my
holding the still-mounted-to-original-bracket antenna show that it's not
long enough to mount with a nut, thus the extended connector I used...

Is your coax terminated with a PL-259 male connector? That is what
the Metz is expecting.

http://www.universal-radio.com/CATAL...ts/plconn.html

Yes...

L8R

Skip

--
Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig KI4MPC

(and)
"There is no such thing as a problem without a gift for you in
its hand
(Richard Bach)

On Wed, 25 Nov 2009 15:02:01 -0500, "Flying Pig"
wrote:

That diagram clearly shows an SO-239 female connector with plenty of
threads showing, which is how I remember it.

Is yours different in some way?

http://www.justpickone.org/skip/gall...onics&start=88
and the next page have pix of the current Metz antenna. Apparently, they've
changed their antennae, as the MMSI, AM/FM and this Metz I have all have the
type of connector shown, which is a discontinous thread. The pix of my
holding the still-mounted-to-original-bracket antenna show that it's not
long enough to mount with a nut, thus the extended connector I used...

OK, I see what you mean. Apparently your angle bracket is too thick
for the threads provided by Metz. There is a cheap and dirty
solution to that kind of mounting problem involving Ty-Wraps and JB
Weld that might just do the job if you're so inclined. I won't tell
anyone as long as you don't look too closely at how my latest WiFi
antenna is mounted at the top of our trawler mast. :-)

Ignorance Sucks! [email protected] ASA 0 July 21st 06 04:07 PM
Robbie's Ignorance! Bob Crantz ASA 17 November 9th 05 10:19 AM
Krause's ignorance Tuuk General 3 April 27th 05 09:07 PM
( OT ) Willful Ignorance Jim General 22 March 23rd 04 07:26 PM
Bill's Ignorance... CANDChelp ASA 10 July 20th 03 11:33 PM