Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default I hate to say it but there sure is a bunch of ignorance here concerning VHF antennas

On Wed, 25 Nov 2009 11:07:25 -0500, "Flying Pig"
wrote:

It's my presumption that I can do away with the double male under the
antenna as currently installed, along with the Metz-supplied connector,
using the bulkhead connector instead of the original, screwing the coil
directly to it (the new longer connector).

So, the question of the moment was whether I'm correct in that
presumption...

There's something about your antenna that I don't understand. Does
yours look like the follwing drawing:

http://www.metzcommunication.com/ima...heetforweb.jpg

That diagram clearly shows an SO-239 female connector with plenty of
threads showing, which is how I remember it.

Is yours different in some way?

Is your coax terminated with a PL-259 male connector? That is what
the Metz is expecting.

http://www.universal-radio.com/CATAL...ts/plconn.html