Default new boat

my parents have had boats my whole life and me being 17 decided that I
wanted one of my own. I bought a 1967 arrow ski boat with a 1974 115
hp engine on the back for $500 it needed some carb work so i had the 3
carbs rebuilt it now runs like a top. does anyone on here think this
engine is too big for this boat? the boat is 18 foot

Hi...

Try rec.sport.waterski for more informed advice. However, having had
something on that order, no, it's fine, presuming it's a substantial boat.

Inboard waterski boats have 350 and 454s in them, and most of them are right
at 18-20' so it's not the size that matters.

L8R

Skip, no longer skiing, but click my gallery link for a view of an old fart
enjoying himself behind the boat :{))

--
Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig KI4MPC

(and)
"There is no such thing as a problem without a gift for you in
its hand
(Richard Bach)
"new boater....kinda" wrote in message
my parents have had boats my whole life and me being 17 decided that I
wanted one of my own. I bought a 1967 arrow ski boat with a 1974 115
hp engine on the back for $500 it needed some carb work so i had the 3
carbs rebuilt it now runs like a top. does anyone on here think this
engine is too big for this boat? the boat is 18 foot

On Mon, 3 Aug 2009 11:14:56 -0700 (PDT), "new boater....kinda"
wrote:

my parents have had boats my whole life and me being 17 decided that I
wanted one of my own. I bought a 1967 arrow ski boat with a 1974 115
hp engine on the back for $500 it needed some carb work so i had the 3
carbs rebuilt it now runs like a top. does anyone on here think this
engine is too big for this boat? the boat is 18 foot

Very few people complain about having too much power, and actually it
sounds about right. Good luck with it.

the reason ive asked is because o friend of mines dad told me its a
death trap. would anyone consider it that?

On Tue, 4 Aug 2009 11:37:11 -0700 (PDT), "new boater....kinda"
wrote:

the reason ive asked is because o friend of mines dad told me its a
death trap. would anyone consider it that?

Depends on how and where you use it. Learn something about
maintenance and safe operation and you'll be OK.

Ski boats are often over powered in order to pull multiple skiers at once.
If the power is only used then it is safe.
If you get stupid with it some one WILL get hurt.

It really depends on "the nut behind the wheel".

new boater....kinda wrote:
my parents have had boats my whole life and me being 17 decided that I
wanted one of my own. I bought a 1967 arrow ski boat with a 1974 115
hp engine on the back for $500 it needed some carb work so i had the 3
carbs rebuilt it now runs like a top. does anyone on here think this
engine is too big for this boat? the boat is 18 foot

If it's down at the stern, and can't carry its rated crew without
slopping over in any chop at all, then that's too heavy an engine.

Brian W
Banned

Location: Usa
Send a message via ICQ to OffessHer

iKitsune wrote:g-man430 wrote:beatrizg126 wrote:HI....Im Beatriz from spain....loves to travel and talk about anything. Hoping to meet new friends here.

Como estas? Me bien y cansado. Como te llamas? Me llamo Jacob. Que pasa? Hasta la vista.
Dial the llamas? What?

Translation: How are you? Im well and tired. What is your name? My name is Jacob. Whats going on? See you later.

Flying Pig wrote:
Hi...

Try rec.sport.waterski for more informed advice. However, having had
something on that order, no, it's fine, presuming it's a substantial boat.

Inboard waterski boats have 350 and 454s in them, and most of them are right
at 18-20' so it's not the size that matters.

L8R

Skip, no longer skiing, but click my gallery link for a view of an old fart
enjoying himself behind the boat :{))

70 to 90 HP is probably the best balance between power to pull out, and
passenger carrying, I reckon... 115HP is not out of line, if the tail
is not draggin'

Brian W