Default Poor Non Sailing Neal

Poor Neal writes the following:

"At least this one is sailing - well, sort of . . . Again the winds
are light
and the boat is barely moving along under two sails this time. (Will
wonders
ever cease - perhaps I shamed Booby into doing it right??) But,
unfortunately, Booby STILL doesn't have the sail trim thing down. Both
sails
are hardened in way too much for the light winds. Duh! Try freeing
them up
some next time and you'll get another knot or two out of that
slowcoach.
Heck, the way you sail, an Express 30 with "train boy" at the helm can
sail
circles around you. "

Once again Neal, posing as someone or other, exposes why he doesn't
sail anymore. He simply can't!

Poor Neal needs to learn a thing or three about sail trim and VMG, or
specifically...you can't tell a thing about sailing if you don't know
where the boat is headed and the conditions.

In the video Heart of Gold is sailing nicely VERY close to the wind
and for about 1/2 hour we continued to pinch her. Fall off an gain a
knot with VMG falling well below current and then tacking? Nope. That
must be the NEW math! Also, Neal further compounds his idiocy since he
cannot see to starboard in the video. What is there, Neal?

I'll tell you....it's called Execution Rocks.

Of course poor Neal knows that he doesn't know. He doesn't sail. He
hasn't posted a photo of his boat or sailing in YEARS. The last time
he did we could spot that the boom was BROKEN and not repaired
properly. It was bent.
So that's it for poor Neal. He used to be a lot of fun here, back when
he owned a boat and sailed. Now he's just living on the web,
pretending to be a sailor and using 20 different e-mail ID's to create
his impotent army of useless political and sailing drivel.

Beating on him now is bordering on sad. As for the Express 30....it's
more boat than poor Neal ever sailed.

Poor, poor Neal. Even Katy might feel pity for him now. Never again
will Neal post any proof that he sails or owns a boat....because he
can't.

RB
35s5
NY

On Aug 3, 8:14 am, wrote:
On Mon, 3 Aug 2009 05:02:17 -0700 (PDT), "Capt. Rob"

wrote:
[...]

Any pix of Port Jeff? Where did you stay? Did you anchor out, take a
mooring or stay in a slip? Try any good restaurants? Dinghy
explorations?

We sailed to Port Jeff and grabbed a mooring, but we went there mainly
as a short distance leg to get the kids acclimated. They did well. We
then steamed to Oyster Bay and went to the park there to meet friends.
We brought the boat to the dock and showed it off a bit. Then back
aboard for swimming at the mooring. Finally we made the quick sail to
Norwalk. I only took a few pics...the only time it didn't rain was
Saturday!

http://GhostLight.zenfolio.com/img/v2/p70799975-5.jpg
http://GhostLight.zenfolio.com/img/v4/p336370021-5.jpg

We're doing a few more short trips and then probably sailing to
Newport over a couple of days. We also have friends in Mystic and
Block Island. Mystic would probably be a lot of fun for the kids.

RB
35s5
NY

On Mon, 3 Aug 2009 06:23:01 -0700 (PDT), "Capt. Rob"
wrote:

We're doing a few more short trips and then probably sailing to
Newport over a couple of days. We also have friends in Mystic and
Block Island. Mystic would probably be a lot of fun for the kids.

Newport was always a favorite port of call for our kids at that age.
The big attraction for them was the toy store near Bowen's Wharf.

wrote in message

wrote:

We're doing a few more short trips and then probably sailing to
Newport over a couple of days. We also have friends in Mystic and
Block Island. Mystic would probably be a lot of fun for the kids.

Newport was always a favorite port of call for our kids at that age.
The big attraction for them was the toy store near Bowen's Wharf.

Note that many, if not all marinas in Newport now have a 2 night
minimum, and if all they have is an 80 foot slip for your 35 foot
boat, guess what? You will pay for 80 feet.. It's not nearly as
friendly to visit by boat as it used to be. That applies especially to
boats under about 80 feet.

There are MANY other places to visit by boat in Naragansett Bay that
are much more pleasant. If you really want to see Newport, I'd
recommend visiting it via car.

It is only the wimps and pussies who require a slip. If you can't anchor out
or pick up a mooring without being frightened silly you are no sailor.

It sickens me to see how Bobsprit has turned sailing into a floating day
care center and you suck ass sycophants applaud his every swish of his
effeminate hips. What has become of sailing that grown men applaud making a
mockery out of it. Pussyfy it! Wimpifying it! *******izing it? Kiddyfying
it? Losers sailing around bragging about how well their boat sails under
mainsail alone when every real sailor knows the performance will be highly
degraded compared to using a balanced press of sail of the proper size for
the wind.

And, what's this crap with "places to visit?" If you want to visit places
then drive the frigging car. If you want to sail then sail. Keep the two as
two separate entities. If you can't enjoy sailing for sailing's sake and if
you have to "visit" or if you have to turn the whole ****aree into a day
care center for retarded children and mongoloid-looking, fat-stomached
hypertensed adults then go to Disneyland.

Wilbur Hubbard

On Mon, 3 Aug 2009 13:53:54 -0400, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

If you can't enjoy sailing for sailing's sake and if
you have to "visit"

If all you want to do is sail, get a scow. A scows, 38 ft, 1900 lbs,
held the speed record for the best part of a century. If you want
something faster you spend about a mill, maybe much more, for a high
tech catamaran. If the hundred grand [without sails] A is too pricy,
they make scows as small as 16 feet.

Casady

On Tue, 4 Aug 2009 10:48:38 -0700, "Capt. JG"
wrote:

If I just wanted to sail, I'd get me one of those Farrier Corsairs.
Trimaran. They fly.

--Vic

I sailed on a 24' a few years ago... very nice. There are several 31s for
sale out here. They seem to hold their value well...

I was reading a sailnet post from a 31' aft-cabin owner who does
coastal cruising with his wife.
He doesn't weigh it down, but does have an Engel reefer.
Certainly a "different" type of cruising in that your trip plans
are quite different when you move 10-20 knots hour after hour
I like that idea.
Wayne posted an animation of an F-27 race down in Florida
some time ago. That got me interested in them.
Amazing how fast they move.
Not as fast as some of those crazy Frenchmen on those high tech
cats/tris, but plenty fast.

--Vic

wrote:

If I just wanted to sail, I'd get me one of those Farrier Corsairs.
Trimaran. They fly.

--Vic

I sailed on a 24' a few years ago... very nice. There are several 31s for
sale out here. They seem to hold their value well...

I was reading a sailnet post from a 31' aft-cabin owner who does
coastal cruising with his wife.
He doesn't weigh it down, but does have an Engel reefer.
Certainly a "different" type of cruising in that your trip plans
are quite different when you move 10-20 knots hour after hour
I like that idea.
Wayne posted an animation of an F-27 race down in Florida
some time ago. That got me interested in them.
Amazing how fast they move.
Not as fast as some of those crazy Frenchmen on those high tech
cats/tris, but plenty fast.

--Vic

We see them on the bay all the time... there's a bit of spray, even on the
nets on the high side, but that's usually when it's blowing over 20kts. I
could live with it.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

On Tue, 04 Aug 2009 13:06:58 -0500, Vic Smith
wrote:

Wayne posted an animation of an F-27 race down in Florida
some time ago. That got me interested in them.

They *are* fast. We had the Corsair 28Rs on our course at Key West
Race Week two years in a row and had a ring side seat.

Here's one moving very well in light air:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsU4qcZLSKc

Neal Still Not Sailing! Capt. Rob Cruising 6 August 3rd 09 07:14 PM
Capt. Neal goes sailing Wilbur Hubbard ASA 2 June 15th 07 04:07 AM
Poor Poor Neal Bobsprit ASA 8 December 7th 04 03:13 AM
Sailing with Neal Recobee ASA 32 December 3rd 04 06:11 AM