Default Poor Non Sailing Neal

wrote in message
On Mon, 03 Aug 2009 11:03:55 -0400, Wayne.B
wrote:

On Mon, 3 Aug 2009 06:23:01 -0700 (PDT), "Capt. Rob"
wrote:

We're doing a few more short trips and then probably sailing to
Newport over a couple of days. We also have friends in Mystic and
Block Island. Mystic would probably be a lot of fun for the kids.

Newport was always a favorite port of call for our kids at that age.
The big attraction for them was the toy store near Bowen's Wharf.

Note that many, if not all marinas in Newport now have a 2 night
minimum, and if all they have is an 80 foot slip for your 35 foot
boat, guess what? You will pay for 80 feet.. It's not nearly as
friendly to visit by boat as it used to be. That applies especially to
boats under about 80 feet.

There are MANY other places to visit by boat in Naragansett Bay that
are much more pleasant. If you really want to see Newport, I'd
recommend visiting it via car.

It is only the wimps and pussies who require a slip. If you can't anchor out
or pick up a mooring without being frightened silly you are no sailor.

It sickens me to see how Bobsprit has turned sailing into a floating day
care center and you suck ass sycophants applaud his every swish of his
effeminate hips. What has become of sailing that grown men applaud making a
mockery out of it. Pussyfy it! Wimpifying it! *******izing it? Kiddyfying
it? Losers sailing around bragging about how well their boat sails under
mainsail alone when every real sailor knows the performance will be highly
degraded compared to using a balanced press of sail of the proper size for
the wind.

And, what's this crap with "places to visit?" If you want to visit places
then drive the frigging car. If you want to sail then sail. Keep the two as
two separate entities. If you can't enjoy sailing for sailing's sake and if
you have to "visit" or if you have to turn the whole ****aree into a day
care center for retarded children and mongoloid-looking, fat-stomached
hypertensed adults then go to Disneyland.

Wilbur Hubbard