Default thoughts on a Saturday eve before a sail on Sunday

And I, like millions of mankind, walk and move, generally by force of habit,
in a long caravan that ascends and descends, encamps, and then proceeds on
its way. Life in this caravan is not altogether bad. You no doubt are aware
of this. The going may be hard by day, the wilderness sweeping out before us
like shoreless seas; we pour with sweat, our throats pare parched with
thirst, and we reach the frontier beyond which we think we cannot go. Then
the sun sets, the air grows cool, and millions of stars twinkle in the sky.
We eat and drink and the singer of the caravan breaks into song. Some of us
pray in a group, others form ourselves into circles to dance and sing and
clap. Above us the sky is warm and compassionate. Sometimes we travel by
night for as long as we have a mind to, and when the white thread is
distinguished from the black we say, 'When dawn breaks the travelers are
thankful that they have journeyed by night.' If occasionally we are deceived
by a mirage, and if our heads, feverish from the action of heat and thirst,
sometimes bubble with ideas devoid of any basis of validity, no harm is
done. The specters of night dissolve with the dawn, the fever of the day is
cooled by the night breeze. Is there any alternative?

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Why do most people seem to quote something they aren't and about something
they haven't done or are too afraid to do?

Is there no shame?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Tilman

Piltdown Man wrote:
Why do most people seem to quote something they aren't and about something
they haven't done or are too afraid to do?

Is there no shame?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Tilman

You have high standards. I just hope they get the correct reference.
JG's quote was from:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Season_...n_to_the_North
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Tayyib_Salih

"Jeff" wrote in message ...
stalker sh*t removed
You have high standards. I just hope they get the correct reference. JG's
quote was from:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Season_...n_to_the_North
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Tayyib_Salih

Good catch! If you get a chance to read it... the only way I can describe it
as being lyrical. Amazing book.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Great sail on Saturday Capt. JG Cruising 27 May 8th 08 02:29 AM
Sail Report for Sunday Capt. Rob ASA 12 August 8th 06 12:36 AM
strange cruising thoughts - why sail in the first place? JAXAshby Cruising 8 October 24th 04 01:43 AM
Wow what a Saturday!!! larry flint a.k.a lawrence stone ASA 10 October 28th 03 03:04 AM
Saturday Pony Express ASA 6 August 25th 03 05:22 PM