posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Sail Report for Sunday

Last week we had one of the best night's of sailing all summer right in
the middle of our heat wave. But Sunday was even better! Winds were
about perfect ranging from 9-16 knots and we sailed close to Oyster Bay
and then back. At one point, with Suzanne at the wheel, we slowly
overtook a Catalina 40 which was under power. They looked pretty
surprised. Heart of Gold reached along at near 7 knots most of the
time.
On of our guests, with considerable sailing experience on dinghies
became totally befuddled at the wheel while closing in on a 30 foot S2.
While very close and passing he started to use the wheel like a tiller!
Suzanne jumped in and got us back on coarse...made for an exciting
moment as I think he would have hit the S2 otherwise!!!
Other than that funny moment, the boat was a blast. We cooked up dogs
and burgers and Thomas sat with Suzanne on the swim platform and never
wanted to leave.
If I live to be 100 I hope I can always sail....and I never miss a
season!

http://members.aol.com/bobsprit/images/momwheelweby.jpg

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

So I guess you had to spend Saturday sitting in your air conditioned
floating condo in that nautical ghetto due to lack of wind.

Nope. Suzanne had to shop for her Vegas trip and some friends came by
to watch boxing on the 10 foot wide screen!
Interesting fight...and another phoney set of judges. Ahh well.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Dave wrote:
On Mon, 07 Aug 2006 14:58:39 -0400, Charlie Morgan said:

Apparently Rob's Ghetto is nice enough in NYC to attract them.

http://1010wins.com/pages/65337.php

We have a very nice family of swans in the Cove, but no manatees so far as I
know.

Deadly Swans!!! Where AREN'T there Swans?

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Dave wrote:
On 7 Aug 2006 12:30:21 -0700, "Capt. Rob" said:

Nope. Suzanne had to shop for her Vegas trip and some friends came by
to watch boxing

So it's not that you didn't have wind. It's just that you'd rather sit home
in front of the boob tube than sail?

The "boob tube?" What're you....70 years old? I like boxing and we also
screened The Horses Mouth. Something tells me you never saw it.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Dave" wrote in message
news
On 7 Aug 2006 03:22:09 -0700, "Capt. Rob" said:

Last week we had one of the best night's of sailing all summer right in
the middle of our heat wave. But Sunday was even better!

So I guess you had to spend Saturday sitting in your air conditioned
floating condo in that nautical ghetto due to lack of wind.

Yeah, it must have been "rough."

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
ups.com...

Dave wrote:
On 7 Aug 2006 12:30:21 -0700, "Capt. Rob" said:

Nope. Suzanne had to shop for her Vegas trip and some friends came by
to watch boxing

So it's not that you didn't have wind. It's just that you'd rather sit
home
in front of the boob tube than sail?

The "boob tube?" What're you....70 years old? I like boxing and we also
screened The Horses Mouth. Something tells me you never saw it.

= boob tube watchers.

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
oups.com...

Dave wrote:
On Mon, 07 Aug 2006 14:58:39 -0400, Charlie Morgan said:

Apparently Rob's Ghetto is nice enough in NYC to attract them.

http://1010wins.com/pages/65337.php

We have a very nice family of swans in the Cove, but no manatees so far
as I
know.

Deadly Swans!!! Where AREN'T there Swans?

The DNR has been shooting some of the mute swans on the smaller inland lakes
around here. They've become more a hazard than a nuisance.

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa

--
"Swab Rob" wrote

I like boxing and we also
screened The WHores Mouth.

Sudsy eating too many flies?

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Dave" wrote in message
On 7 Aug 2006 13:02:27 -0700, "Capt. Rob"

said:

So it's not that you didn't have wind. It's just that

you'd rather sit home
in front of the boob tube than sail?

The "boob tube?" What're you....70 years old? I like

boxing and we also
screened The Horses Mouth. Something tells me you never

saw it.

Ah, so now you're saying you had plenty of wind Saturday

but decided to sit
at home?

Don't forget Dave, it's still hot out, may have been too
'rough' for Bob to sail.

--
Scott Vernon
Plowville Pa _/)__/)_/)_

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Maxprop" wrote in message
k.net...

said:

Nope. Suzanne had to shop for her Vegas trip and some

friends came by
to watch boxing

So it's not that you didn't have wind. It's just that

you'd rather sit
home
in front of the boob tube than sail?

The "boob tube?" What're you....70 years old? I like

boxing and we also
screened The Horses Mouth. Something tells me you never

saw it.

= boob tube watchers.

No Max, poor illiterate slobs ''watch'' a movie on the boob
tube, rich sophisticated, pretentious ******s like Bob,
''screen'' a movie on the boob tube.

--
Scotty
''One who never gets out of the Sound cannot, with

Wednesday Sail Report Capt. Rob ASA 10 July 13th 06 03:39 PM
Evaluating old sails DSK Cruising 15 December 27th 05 07:13 AM
And rightfully so, IMHO...OT John H General 0 April 2nd 05 01:28 AM
Sail Report: Marc's Freedom 36 Bobsprit ASA 0 September 12th 03 12:07 AM
Trip Report, August 3, 2003, A Day Sail with Bobsprit and Julia Marc ASA 134 August 8th 03 07:16 PM