Mike

Default Prop questions

I have a 1973 Starcraft American 16' fiberglass boat. The motor is a 1973
Mercury 850, 85 hp.

Currently the motor has a 21 pitch prop on it. With two adults WOT results
in about 4900 rpm and 36-37 mph. The book says between 4800 and 5500 rpms at
WOT.

I'm considering going down to a 19 pitch to try to bring the rpms up a
little and hopefully give better performance when there are more than two
people onboard.

Besides being able to get out of the water faster what other performance
changes should I expect? How will it effect my top speed and fuel
comsumption?

Thanks
Mike

prop advise needed Gregory McGuire General 3 July 7th 04 01:25 AM
Prop christopher krigbaum General 4 June 26th 04 01:07 PM
Volvo 270 outdrive prop cone replacement? Bob General 5 May 18th 04 08:57 PM
Removing lower unit from 40 hp Johnson outboard - Help? Brian Silver General 9 September 29th 03 06:17 PM
1972 Johnson 20 HP - Can't Find A Prop RDJ Boat Building 2 September 6th 03 01:18 PM