Default How sailing failure is defined.

"katy" wrote in message
om...
Dave wrote:
On Fri, 20 Feb 2009 11:14:08 -0500, "Gwen Ives"
said:

"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote in message
anews.com...

8) Dave the lawyer who doesn't even own a boat

Gotta wonder what he's smoking, since at least 3 members of the group
have
seen my boat, and 2 have sailed aboard it.

..and Doug has a sailboat...

And Doug is a sailor...

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising

"katy" wrote in message
om...
True..that is great sailing up htere...we had our boat at Whitehall for
years and then Muskegon and Lake Michigan is home ground (water) for
us...Now she's down here in NC and we don't ever have to worry about 6
month haulouts or pink KoolAId ever again

My pretty-much ideal sailing grounds would be the Great Lakes in the summer.
Unfortunately, the water does get too hard for sailing for way too long each
year, and by December I'm thinking of moving south. But then I remember
things like "Palmetto Bugs" and other giant cockroachy critters. Wouldn't
mind moving back to southern California if it wasn't so bleeding insane out
there.

I can't wait until global warming allows me to keep my boat sailing on Green
Bay and Lake Michigan year-round.

Capt. JG wrote:
"katy" wrote in message
om...
said:

"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote in message
anews.com...
8) Dave the lawyer who doesn't even own a boat
Gotta wonder what he's smoking, since at least 3 members of the group
have
seen my boat, and 2 have sailed aboard it.

..and Doug has a sailboat...

And Doug is a sailor...

Doug isa very good sailor...

"katy" wrote in message
om...
Capt. JG wrote:
"katy" wrote in message
om...
said:

"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote in message
anews.com...
8) Dave the lawyer who doesn't even own a boat
Gotta wonder what he's smoking, since at least 3 members of the group
have
seen my boat, and 2 have sailed aboard it.
..and Doug has a sailboat...

And Doug is a sailor...

Doug isa very good sailor...

Seconded. We got back to the dock without hitting either a ferry or the
island.

KLC Lewis wrote:

My pretty-much ideal sailing grounds would be the Great Lakes in the summer.
Unfortunately, the water does get too hard for sailing for way too long each
year, and by December I'm thinking of moving south. But then I remember
things like "Palmetto Bugs" and other giant cockroachy critters. Wouldn't
mind moving back to southern California if it wasn't so bleeding insane out
there.

Yes..andyoucanswimwithout ea of an errant shar tain off an
appendage...eery timewe go out to the pier to fish where i caught a 3 ft
shark and se others hauled in regularly) and I see mother's letting
their kids swim in the surf at the beginning, I cringe and want torun up
there screaming "sharks!"....

I can't wait until global warming allows me to keep my boat sailing on Green
Bay and Lake Michigan year-round.

THat will be grest..then we won't hae to go south for the winter to get
out of the crap...but don't hold youe breath...my daughter gies me
weekly weather reports and it doesn;t seemlike gloabl warming is arriing
in Michigan any time soon...

Capt. JG wrote:
"katy" wrote in message
om...
Capt. JG wrote:
"katy" wrote in message
om...
said:

"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote in message
anews.com...
8) Dave the lawyer who doesn't even own a boat
Gotta wonder what he's smoking, since at least 3 members of the group
have
seen my boat, and 2 have sailed aboard it.
..and Doug has a sailboat...

And Doug is a sailor...

Doug isa very good sailor...

Seconded. We got back to the dock without hitting either a ferry or the
island.

oh...I won;t tell any stories then....(hehehe)

"katy" wrote in message
om...
Capt. JG wrote:
"katy" wrote in message
om...
Capt. JG wrote:
"katy" wrote in message
om...
said:

"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote in message
anews.com...
8) Dave the lawyer who doesn't even own a boat
Gotta wonder what he's smoking, since at least 3 members of the group
have
seen my boat, and 2 have sailed aboard it.
..and Doug has a sailboat...

And Doug is a sailor...

Doug isa very good sailor...

Seconded. We got back to the dock without hitting either a ferry or the
island.

oh...I won;t tell any stories then....(hehehe)

Darn it...

"KLC Lewis" wrote:
My pretty-much ideal sailing grounds would be the Great Lakes in the summer.

Why?

True, fresh water is nice. But there's a lot of great places to sail
on both coasts... without biting flies, rocks, ore boats, submerged
fish traps, lampreys, etc etc.

Unfortunately, the water does get too hard for sailing for way too long each
year, and by December I'm thinking of moving south. But then I remember
things like "Palmetto Bugs" and other giant cockroachy critters. Wouldn't
mind moving back to southern California if it wasn't so bleeding insane out
there.

No wind in southern Cali. Might as wellkeep heading south, you're
gonna have to learn Spanish anywhere south of Portland.

I can't wait until global warming allows me to keep my boat sailing on Green
Bay and Lake Michigan year-round.

Freezing temps here in NC tonight... although we're due, it's been
sunny and warm (hi temps ~ 70F) most of the week. In fact it's been
GREAT sailing weather.... maybe a little windy

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

wrote in message
"KLC Lewis" wrote:
My pretty-much ideal sailing grounds would be the Great Lakes in the
summer.

Why?

True, fresh water is nice. But there's a lot of great places to sail
on both coasts... without biting flies, rocks, ore boats, submerged
fish traps, lampreys, etc etc.

Oh, I know about sailing salt water and have nothing at all against it. I
learned to sail in Charleston, SC, sailed in the Med, and bought our first
boat in Long Beach where we lived-aboard and sailed for years. I miss the
Pacific rollers, and the usually-nice weather. But Green Bay in the summer
is just...nice. Everything is a daysail away, or less. For what I'm doing
now it fits nicely. If I want to make longer passages, the rest of the Great
Lakes are conveniently connected to my bay.

Unfortunately, the water does get too hard for sailing for way too long
each
year, and by December I'm thinking of moving south. But then I remember
things like "Palmetto Bugs" and other giant cockroachy critters. Wouldn't
mind moving back to southern California if it wasn't so bleeding insane
out
there.

No wind in southern Cali. Might as wellkeep heading south, you're
gonna have to learn Spanish anywhere south of Portland.

Ya, SoCal is known for its "light and variable" conditions, but that didn't
stop me from sailing. Fact is the wind blows enough year-round that you can
almost always sail if you want to, as long as you're not in a hurry. That's
why God invented "light air" sails. If I was in a hurry, I'd have a
powerboat.

I can't wait until global warming allows me to keep my boat sailing on
Green
Bay and Lake Michigan year-round.

Freezing temps here in NC tonight... although we're due, it's been
sunny and warm (hi temps ~ 70F) most of the week. In fact it's been
GREAT sailing weather.... maybe a little windy

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

Leadership defined... Tom Francis - SWSports General 25 November 23rd 08 09:16 PM
Some OT Humor - Success Defined JohnH General 0 December 5th 06 11:50 AM
Bobspit Defined Joe ASA 10 April 19th 06 02:30 PM
Performance Defined Capt. Rob ASA 35 November 17th 05 04:42 PM