[email protected] salty@dog.com is offline

Default How sailing failure is defined.

On 20 Feb 2009 15:15:01 -0600, Dave wrote:

On Fri, 20 Feb 2009 12:18:11 -0500, said:

Speaking of which... How did the dredging go? Will there be any room
in there for transient anchoring this season? Did they dredge the
entrance, too?

Largely complete. I believe they're holding off on the last part in order to
use the material to cap the Norwalk dredged material.

The entrance was never a problem so far as I can tell, and yes, I'm
expecting a lot more transients in the Cove this summer. As before, you
can't anchor there, but there are usually moorings available from the boats
that are cruising. Stop in and see us.

Thanks, Dave. It really is a beautiful spot, and for us, it is around
the halfway point to Mystic or Shelter Island.

I thought someone had told me that there was a bar in the entrance
that was a problem. Maybe I remembered wrong.

I'm sure that the material from North Cove is a LOT cleaner than the
dregs from Norwalk Harbor, which is at the mouth of a once very
industrialized river.