Default Ericson Sailboats.. ?? any opinions?

Ok,,, don't start screaming at me... I know.. I've been looking and looking
and I find one boat I love and then the next day I find another .. and and

So,, I find a nice Ericson.. and she is in good shape.. little pricey but??

Not to much about the Ericson boats on line.. at least I didn't find much

You "experts" especially the famous Hubbard . .. and his "what do you call
them,
his sock puppets" ..

Is that where he posts as another name?

Anyhow.... tell me what you know.. the boat is more of a racing boat from
what
I can figure.. but a friend said "all sailboats are a compromise"..

ps.. have a Merry Christmas .. never mind with the happy holiday xxxx it is
Christmas..

You's got a problem with dat?

Janet the non boat owner who will become a boat owner and then post more
pathetic
messages..

"Janet O'Leary" wrote in message
[...]

Ericsons have a solid reputation as good boats. If it's what you are looking
for, at a price you like, and it's in good shape, you should be happy with
it.

[...]

More pathetic? Why, that's hardly possible.

Can you Google? There is a lot of stuff available about Ericsons. Here's one
from the top of the search list:

http://www.yachtcouncil.com/yacht-bu...ERICSON+YACHTS

And you never mentioned the size Ericson you're looking at, jl. Next time be
more specific for asking vague questions begets vague or inappropriate
answers.

Wilbur Hubbard

Janet O'Leary wrote:
Ok,,, don't start screaming at me... I know.. I've been looking and looking
and I find one boat I love and then the next day I find another .. and and

So,, I find a nice Ericson.. and she is in good shape.. little pricey but??

Ericsons like Pearsons are good simple older boats. Well made - some
like the 34 have a cult following.

All are fine in the Alberg / Cape Dory / Pearson class of boats but the
Ericsons are a bit racier / faster than the straight cruisers.

Value utterly depends, today, on equipment and condition. You can find
them from highly desirable to wrecks.

Figure about $50k asking for a really nice 34.

slide wrote:
Janet O'Leary wrote:
Ok,,, don't start screaming at me... I know.. I've been looking and
looking
and I find one boat I love and then the next day I find another .. and
and

So,, I find a nice Ericson.. and she is in good shape.. little pricey
but??

Ericsons like Pearsons are good simple older boats. Well made - some
like the 34 have a cult following.

All are fine in the Alberg / Cape Dory / Pearson class of boats but the
Ericsons are a bit racier / faster than the straight cruisers.

Value utterly depends, today, on equipment and condition. You can find
them from highly desirable to wrecks.

Figure about $50k asking for a really nice 34.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/boa/968522348.html

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/boa/967282038.html

Here's couple

Gordon wrote:

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/boa/967282038.html

Thanks for this link, Gordon.
that's a new one for me and I like it.
The flush decked Stone Horse look in a larger boat...
Sweet.

On Dec 24, 9:12*am, "Janet O'Leary"
wrote:
[...]

Janet from my perspective i would think you an idot if you didnt keep
looking for the boat that fits you.

to me its like crushes, lust and a lifetime commitment.

IMO you crush on a couple boats that simply are never going to be what
you need. some folks get to lusting and have a short stormy
relationship with the occasional boat that cannot be made to fit.
Finally you come to a place where you find a boat thats strengths and
flaws compliment your own and it all works more or less perfectly.
the first two catagories are those you see when a person is buying one
boat after another never keeping them for more than a couple years.
the last is when you see that person who has had the same boat for 40
years and is still in love with her.

Janet O'Leary wrote:
[...]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ericson_Yachts
Bob Bob is offline

On Dec 24, 9:12*am, "Janet O'Leary"
wrote:

So,, I find a nice Ericson.. *and she is in good shape.. little pricey but??

Year:__________

Length: __________

What are you going to do with it?
ie areas of operation and seasons?

Most the ones Ive seen/sat on/sailed including the ones in the 30-36
range would make exellent lake/bay boats or off shore day sailors out
a few miles in Beaufort Sea State 6.

Bob

On Thu, 25 Dec 2008 15:48:50 -0800 (PST), Bob
wrote:

On Dec 24, 9:12*am, "Janet O'Leary"
wrote:

So,, I find a nice Ericson.. *and she is in good shape.. little pricey but??

Year:__________

Length: __________

What are you going to do with it?
ie areas of operation and seasons?

Most the ones Ive seen/sat on/sailed including the ones in the 30-36
range would make exellent lake/bay boats or off shore day sailors out
a few miles in Beaufort Sea State 6.

Bob

Ericsons seem to be more prone to soft (wet) decks than average. Any
boat can develop soft spots, but Ericsons just seem to have a special
ability in that regard.

Fwd: Ericson 27/28 Opinions? Loren Beach Cruising 0 February 5th 07 04:52 AM
Ericson 27/28 Opinions? druid Cruising 12 February 3rd 07 10:17 PM
Ericson 29 Gordon ASA 4 October 12th 04 07:05 AM
Ericson 35-2 opinions Alan Gomes Cruising 3 July 15th 03 06:13 AM
Ericson 34....???? Capt. Mooron ASA 4 June 26th 03 12:34 AM