Alan Gomes

Default Ericson 35-2 opinions

I'm considering the possibility of purchasing a 1972 Ericson 35-2. I would
appreciate receiving feedback from those familiar with this boat.

Thanks,
Alan Gomes

Socalsail

Good light air, reef early. Check for delamination/water dammage of the port
and starboard main bulkhead under the setees. I still have some sutff at our
old website http://members.aol.com/socalsail/index.html. We no longer own the
boat.
Alan Gomes

Thanks for the info! Actually, I had already run across your site--very
interesting stuff, especially about the rudder replacement.

I'm looking at one tomorrow and I'll keep an eye out for the delam issues
you mentioned. I have read in several places that preventing water ingress
is difficult where the chainplates penetrate the deck due to the way that
assembly is configured.

Anyway, this is just an initial look; obviously I'd have it surveyed
carefully if I were proceding with an actual purchase.

Regards,
Alan