posted to rec.boats.cruising,alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats

Default Every sailor needs to read this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfpVC...eature=related

posted to rec.boats.cruising,alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats

On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 16:39:41 -0700, "Charles Momsen"
wrote:

"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote in message
tanews.com...

"Charles Momsen" wrote in message

"Shad O'Shay" wrote in message
This person sounds like a paranoid, revengeful nut case. (and I ain't
talking about Perez) Wow!

http://www.sailsea.org/

Be careful where you go to learn how to sail.

Shad O'Shay

Jonathan did a job no one else wanted (at no pay) for 5 years. He grew
the outfit in size and scope. Many people benefitted from his hard work.
He was the only one qualified to teach the larger and harder classes. The
non profit was nominated for a prestigious award with him at the helm.
He's got an MBA AND USCG captain's license, two combined qualifications
that are hard to find. It was HIS vision and HIS hard, selfless work. Now
that things are up and running smoothly a bunch of ingrate wannabes
wanted to take over and take over they did. It wasn't a simple vote that
got him outed, it was a deliberate conspiracy. Jonathan shouldn't go
back, he is only lowering himself to their standards. He might do much
better creating a new, competing non profit with iron clad bylaws that
don't allow others to commandeer the ship. It won't be the same if he
goes back, hurt feelings and grudges usually can never be put aside. Be
the better man and take the high road, it will serve you well in the long
term. He may have made mistakes, he has admitted them and now he can use
what he has learned to do much, much better. Anger and resentment are
based upon things of the past, hope and vigor are for the future! Carry
the torch forward and may it shine brightly upon all!

Admiral Momsen

Good grief, Momsen, have you taken leave of your senses? Have you been
drinking the liberal Kool Aid? Have you been smoking some of that there
wacky tobaccy? Or perhaps you got ahold of some of Gaynze's 10X strength
LSD?

Get a grip on yourself, Admiral! Next thing you know, if you keep spouting
such nonsense, Obama will come schlepping around and appoint you to head
the Joint Chiefs of Staff!

You need to get a clue. There's some behind-the-scenes information I am
privy to which sheds an entirely new light upon this situation. I can't be
specific at this time but it concerns possible abuse of the non-profit
status of the organization by the fired member. Does the term "under the
table" mean anything to you? This whole episode with the web site and the
feuding is all about a cover-up. Of course the organization wants rid of a
possible huge liability but said liability thinks only about its own hurt
pride. I understand Perez has even been talking to an F. Lee Bailey type
(shhhhh! don't tell anybody).

Can you expand your rigid mind to encompass such a scenario? It happens
all the time. Usually greed is at the core of the misdoings. Greed and a
total disregard for the law. This is how liberals think - laws are for
somebody else.

Wilbur Hubbard

Are you saying he might have been outed because of corruption? That the
possibility of operating a non profit for personal benefit was going on?
Personal enurement? How could that happen? How would he get the
"beancounter" to go along? Naahh...

I think Jonathan is telling the truth. It's just like he says it is. It was
a conspiracy and mutiny against him. The loser half wits tossed him
overboard to run the show. He should up the ante to get reinstated back into
his rightful and hard earned position. Those people who voted against should
be publicly flogged, keel hauled and made to walk the plank! Jonathan, don't
give up the ship or the financial records!

Is this Neal talking to Wilbur and each replying to the other? Is that
what is called a circle-jerk amongst "real sailors"?
Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)

"Bruce In Bangkok" wrote in message
troll sh*t removed
Is this Neal talking to Wilbur and each replying to the other? Is that
what is called a circle-jerk amongst "real sailors"?
Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)

It's actually two stalkers/trolls. However, I think that you gave a proper
definition. These guys are pretty sad examples of humanity. Neal is an
angry guy with no prospects of much of anything, so with him, anything goes.
The other guy is smarter, which isn't saying much, and attempts to disrupt
people's lives for fun.

As I've said, the best advice is to completely ignore them, as I try to do.
This serves two purposes. It infuriates them and you don't have to read
their crap.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Capt. JG wrote:
"Bruce In Bangkok" wrote in message
troll sh*t removed
Is this Neal talking to Wilbur and each replying to the other? Is that
what is called a circle-jerk amongst "real sailors"?
Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)

It's actually two stalkers/trolls. However, I think that you gave a proper
definition. These guys are pretty sad examples of humanity. Neal is an
angry guy with no prospects of much of anything, so with him, anything goes.
The other guy is smarter, which isn't saying much, and attempts to disrupt
people's lives for fun.

That pretty much sums it up, Momsen can be, well, 'difficult'. Why he
has chosen the name of a deceased USN Admiral who invented a rescue
device for submariners (look up "Momsen Lung") I have no idea

As I've said, the best advice is to completely ignore them, as I try to do.
This serves two purposes. It infuriates them and you don't have to read
their crap.

Sound advice.,

Cheers
Martin

Nomen Nescio wrote:

Such same that so few are educated in the Classic Languages,....

Lector Emptor

Cheers
Martin

Marty wrote:
Nomen Nescio wrote:

Such same that so few are educated in the Classic Languages,....

Lector Emptor

Whoops! One drink too many,,,,Such Shame,,,,,,Lector Caveat

Cheers
Martin

Billy Redden wrote:
"Marty" wrote in message
Marty wrote:
Nomen Nescio wrote:

Such same that so few are educated in the Classic Languages,....

Lector Emptor

Whoops! One drink too many,,,,Such Shame,,,,,,Lector Caveat

Cheers
Martin

Braccae tuae hiant

Well, they might have had buttons,,,, but not with a toga

Cheers
Martin

"Shad O'Shay" wrote in message
[...]

I can't say one way or the other due to the possibility of ongoing legal
issues. I sure don't wish to run afoul of any F. Lee Bailey types or the
FBI. Even barely competent, bottom-rungers like our Dapper Dave could cause
some small measure of grief.

You've got me to thinking with your observations above. Viewed in that
light, my prior observations do seem quite absurd.

As far as Gaynze operating a non-profit for personal gain, you're right,
that's ludicrous. Think, Wilbur, think! If a person could operate "anything"
for personal gain would he still be living at home with Mommy at close to
fifty years of age? Would he still have Mommy fighting all his legal battles
pro-bono? I think not. And, besides, with his documented history of 10X
strength LSD dropping he can get out of anything simply by using an insanity
plea. In this case, as in any other case, Gaynze can be nothing other than
the innocent victim. If he did happen to profit from a non-profit I'm sure
it was totally unintentional. I'm sure he "meant well" and isn't that what
really matters?

The more I ruminate upon the matter the more I think you might be right
about how there's no way Gaynze could do any wrong either intentionally or
unintentionally. The man is just way too intelligent for that to happen. Not
to mention the fact that he has impeccable moral standards. As usual,
though, it's way more likely that he's being implicated in a conspiracy for
the wrongdoings of people out to get him. So, Momsen, I stand corrected and
I offer my sincere apologies to the Capt. for not having my facts straight
at first and jumping to false conclusions. I've always been a sucker for a
good conspiracy theory.

I think Jonathan is telling the truth. It's just like he says it is. It
was a conspiracy and mutiny against him. The loser half wits tossed him
overboard to run the show. He should up the ante to get reinstated back
into his rightful and hard earned position. Those people who voted against
should be publicly flogged, keel hauled and made to walk the plank!
Jonathan, don't give up the ship or the financial records!

Agreed! One cannot argue with your many years of wisdom, Admiral. Keep up
the good work. You have restored my faith in humanity.

Wilbur Hubbard