Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
posted to rec.boats.building

Default fixing a rubber gun whale strip

Hi there,

I need to fit a new rubber strip around the gun-whale of a fibreglass boat
that I have been restoring for some time. I removed the old strip, removed
all the old resin holding in place, and cleaned up the joint where the hull
and deck join. I don't how many types of these strips there are, but this
one is pushed over the fibreglass join and is held in place with epoxy or
polyester resin.

Now for the question what method/process should I use to fix the new one in
place. The last thing I want is to stuff this up and end up with resin
getting onto the newly painted hull and deck and the rubber strip not
looking good. All help with this matter will be greatly appreciated.

Regards Bruce.

New boating pastime for Londoners? Whale watching on the Thames [email protected] General 4 January 22nd 06 02:57 AM
Deluge of right whale deaths Mac ASA 0 January 13th 05 03:26 PM
HELP PLEASE - Perished Rubber.......and rubber adhesives k UK Power Boats 6 November 24th 04 08:56 PM
A gay whale wanked on me Keith J. Crapper ASA 2 March 28th 04 07:58 PM
Ply vs Strip planking peterMelbourneAustralia Boat Building 4 January 8th 04 03:40 PM