posted to rec.boats.building,uk.rec.waterways,uk.rec.waterways.fens
CS CS is offline

Default PythonDrive CV Coupling?

What kind of coupling joint does the Centaflex use?

Here are 2 pics
http://www.luxe-motor-kei.co.uk/inte...e/image47.html
http://www.luxe-motor-kei.co.uk/inte...e/image48.html

posted to rec.boats.building,uk.rec.waterways,uk.rec.waterways.fens

Adrian Smith wrote:

"Adrian Smith" wrote in message
. uk...

I posted this to a number of groups as I'm sure it's of interest to all.

I'm looking to purchase a CV coupling to go between the engine and the
prop shaft.

The two contenders seem to be either an Aquadrive or a PythonDrive. The
PythonDrive is cheaper. Has anyone any experience with the PythonDrive.

Will it handle movement from a soft mounted engine in up/ down, side/ side
and fore/ aft directions.

My engine is currently coupled to the prop shaft with a R&D flexible shaft
coupling, this is basically a plastic plate that can flex slightly.
Although the setup works, it's a bit primitive. At certain throttle
settings the engine bounces about a bit and vibrations can be felt.

Any info will be appreciated.

Adrian Smith

Guys, thanks for all your help.

I'll post here with what I decide to do and the results for others to
benefit from.

Adrian Smith

US prices range from $900 to 9500.

See US distributor:

http://www.pyiinc.com/index.php?acti...section=python

I was planning to go that route, but thanks to this thread I'm pretty sure I'll
go with Centra.

Brian C (for direct reply add an ell after the c)
posted to rec.boats.building,uk.rec.waterways,uk.rec.waterways.fens

"CS" wrote in message
ups.com...

What kind of coupling joint does the Centaflex use?

Here are 2 pics
http://www.luxe-motor-kei.co.uk/inte...e/image47.html
http://www.luxe-motor-kei.co.uk/inte...e/image48.html

I had overlooked the fact that you have a relatively long shaft between two
Centaflex couplings. If my engine was further away from the stern I would be
tempted to do the same.

After much thought I am going to fit the PythonDrive P60K 372GBP.

Thanks for supplying the pics, I read your website with great interest:-)

Adrian Smith

On 12 Sep 2006 13:55:19 -0700, "CS" wrote:

What kind of coupling joint does the Centaflex use?

Here are 2 pics
http://www.luxe-motor-kei.co.uk/inte...e/image47.html
http://www.luxe-motor-kei.co.uk/inte...e/image48.html

Holy cow!

Brian Whatcott Altus OK

SKF OK 90 coupling alie Cruising 1 May 12th 07 06:16 AM
Drive Saver/Spacer users sought Skip Gundlach Cruising 20 April 3rd 06 06:11 PM
engine alignment Peter Hendra Cruising 9 May 16th 05 06:00 AM
Coupling for split Rudder Post jimthom Boat Building 12 April 19th 04 09:46 AM
"get home" electric motor coupling to prop shaft? BOEING377 Electronics 10 November 16th 03 11:15 PM