Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
posted to rec.boats.building,uk.rec.waterways,uk.rec.waterways.fens

Default PythonDrive CV Coupling?

I posted this to a number of groups as I'm sure it's of interest to all.

I'm looking to purchase a CV coupling to go between the engine and the prop
shaft.

The two contenders seem to be either an Aquadrive or a PythonDrive. The
PythonDrive is cheaper. Has anyone any experience with the PythonDrive.

Will it handle movement from a soft mounted engine in up/ down, side/ side
and fore/ aft directions.

My engine is currently coupled to the prop shaft with a R&D flexible shaft
coupling, this is basically a plastic plate that can flex slightly. Although
the setup works, it's a bit primitive. At certain throttle settings the
engine bounces about a bit and vibrations can be felt.

Any info will be appreciated.

Adrian Smith

SKF OK 90 coupling alie Cruising 1 May 12th 07 06:16 AM
Drive Saver/Spacer users sought Skip Gundlach Cruising 20 April 3rd 06 06:11 PM
engine alignment Peter Hendra Cruising 9 May 16th 05 06:00 AM
Coupling for split Rudder Post jimthom Boat Building 12 April 19th 04 09:46 AM
"get home" electric motor coupling to prop shaft? BOEING377 Electronics 10 November 16th 03 11:15 PM