Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Jonathan

Default Initial connection on stitch & glue

I am realizing that there are a number of questions I haven't thought
about on this project, as start time approaches.

My commitment to my daughter was that we would build it over the next
two weeks, while she is with me on vacation, so my research time is
over, except for the real time help I can garner from this group.

I am a competent carpenter, as well as having worked around wood boats
all my life and restored one 30 ft Carl Alberg designed sloop.
see http://www.alberg30.org/CarlAlberg/WoodenBoats/Alestra/

This is, however the first time I start with a blank piece of wood.

The drawing show as step # 2, a layer of tape and resin on the inside
chine/bilge seam, that being the initial connection after the wire ties.

How do other people start to glue them up?

Would I then create a fillet with epoxy and filler? or is the tape and
resin the source of the strength?.

The drawings show two layers of tape and resin on the outside....

Thanks,

Jonathan