Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Derek

Default Brazilian Teak

I have heard this specie of wood is also great for decks. Does anyone know who may supply this wood
in Canada? I would imagine that it may be available at the local Home Depot (but likely through
special order). I watched a program of "This Old House" and they were using some sort of Brazilian
hardwood to manufacture a patio deck. It had a beautiful dark colour and apparently did not require
much in the way of preservatives. I have thought about this ever since seeing that program. I
don't mind spending the extra if I do not have to use that ugly green pressure treated lumber (which
by the way is highly toxic) for a deck. I could use whatever excess wood extras to create a decent
wooden ceiling header and other nice accent wood pieces in my boat.

Oh yeah, thinking hard about that one....

Teak Finish Frank Gerry Boat Building 1 February 5th 04 03:23 AM
Ipe vs. Teak gordon Boat Building 7 January 31st 04 10:14 PM
Which teak seam calk? Glenn Ashmore Boat Building 17 December 19th 03 04:25 AM
FS: Teak Deck Planks A. Hardy Boat Building 0 August 24th 03 12:23 AM
Teak Surfing... doesn't anyone read the papers anymore??? Calif Bill General 0 July 22nd 03 06:53 AM