Tony Abbott

Default Sealing a Thru-Hull Hole

In the process of restoring an old 33' Silverton I have come across an extra
thru-hull hole that does not need to be there. Is there a thru-hull fitting
out there that is just a seal? or what options do I have?

BTW - the current hardware is all but disintegrated...

Thanks...

Chuck Baier

Tony, The old thru-hulls should be removed and the holes glassed in.
This repair needs to be done correctly so unless you have some good
experience with doing this, hire a qualified professional. The only
other option is to just replace them with new thru-hulls and keep them
closed. You can strap down the handles so they won't accidentally
open. You really need to determine why they are disintegrating.