JSE

Default Sealing a Thru-Hull Hole

I agree. If you don't want the hole there, seal it permanently with
fiberglass. The last thig you need is a temp hull repair failing at sea.
Joe

"Chuck Baier" wrote in message
om...
Tony, The old thru-hulls should be removed and the holes glassed in.
This repair needs to be done correctly so unless you have some good
experience with doing this, hire a qualified professional. The only
other option is to just replace them with new thru-hulls and keep them
closed. You can strap down the handles so they won't accidentally
open. You really need to determine why they are disintegrating.

"Tony Abbott" wrote in message

.com...
In the process of restoring an old 33' Silverton I have come across an

extra
thru-hull hole that does not need to be there. Is there a thru-hull

fitting
out there that is just a seal? or what options do I have?

BTW - the current hardware is all but disintegrated...

Thanks...