Peggie Hall

Default Manual marine head

Ytter wrote:
Hi everybody!
I am in a process of refitting my head/shower area on my sailboat.
I want to change head for something reliable,manual,not terribly
expensive.I'm thinking of Raritan's Cricket,but do not have any opinion or
experience.Is it possible to get your feedback on this important topic.

The Cricket is good toilet...but is a "light duty" toilet. For long term
reliability and durability, and especially for serious cruising, the PH
II is a better choice...it's been rated the best manual toilet under
$500 for several decades. If the PH II won't fit in the space, Raritan
now offers the PHC, which is the same pump but on the same base as their
Compact II and costs a little less.

--
Peggie
----------

aunty

We've gone through this before in this newsgroup - the PH-II is a
poorly designed plastic toilet - that squirts liquid sewage out
through the "water lubricated" top seal - into your face when you bend
over to flush it. Do a google newsgroup search in the archives of the
RBC newsgroup for the problems with the crappy PH-II toilets. Peggy
forgets to say she sold her co. to Raritan and then worked for them -
so her recommendations have a taint or bias to them - but why's she's
biased to the crappy PH-II is beyond us.

On Sat, 27 Mar 2004 15:58:59 GMT, Peggie Hall
wrote:

Ytter wrote:
Hi everybody!
I am in a process of refitting my head/shower area on my sailboat.
I want to change head for something reliable,manual,not terribly
expensive.I'm thinking of Raritan's Cricket,but do not have any opinion or
experience.Is it possible to get your feedback on this important topic.

The Cricket is good toilet...but is a "light duty" toilet. For long term
reliability and durability, and especially for serious cruising, the PH
II is a better choice...it's been rated the best manual toilet under
$500 for several decades. If the PH II won't fit in the space, Raritan
now offers the PHC, which is the same pump but on the same base as their
Compact II and costs a little less.

Peggie Hall

aunty wrote:
We've gone through this before in this newsgroup...

Yep...and you never use the same identity twice.

Do a google newsgroup search in the archives of the
RBC newsgroup for the problems with the crappy PH-II toilets.

Almost all written by you!

Peggy
forgets to say she sold her co. to Raritan and then worked for them -

I've never hidden it...never will. And I sign my name to my posts.

so her recommendations have a taint or bias to them - but why's she's
biased to the crappy PH-II is beyond us.

If I am biased, so is the entire industry...because the PH II and its
predecessor the PHH have consistently been rated the best manual toilet
under $500 for more than two decades.

But let's talk your own bias... I have nearly 20 years of experience
with literally thousands of owners of just about every toilet ever made,
including a few you've prob'ly never even heard of. How much experience
do you have that would make your bias more valid than any I might have?

Peggie
----------
Peggie Hall
Other Sources of Aggravation and Odor"
http://www.seaworthy.com/html/get_ri...oat_odors.html

Brian D

That's a lot of poops! Haha. We're glad you're here, Peggie. I figure the
guy had one lousy seal and got a bum squirt (pardon the pun) ...certain to
cause a bad attitude if it hits you in the face (yuk yuk.) We can tell who
to ignore...

Brian

http://www.advantagecomposites.com/tongass

"Peggie Hall" wrote in message
aunty wrote:
[...]

Keith

I've got two of them that I installed 18 months ago and they've done nothing
but perform perfectly. Sounds to me more like sour grapes of some variety.

--

Keith
__
"aunty" wrote in message
We've gone through this before in this newsgroup - the PH-II is a
poorly designed plastic toilet - that squirts liquid sewage out
through the "water lubricated" top seal - into your face when you bend
over to flush it. snip

Jere Lull

In article ,
"Ytter" wrote:

Hi everybody!
I am in a process of refitting my head/shower area on my sailboat.
I want to change head for something reliable,manual,not terribly
expensive.I'm thinking of Raritan's Cricket,but do not have any opinion or
experience.Is it possible to get your feedback on this important topic.

We got one a few years back and like it, but it is a bit different than
the Compact it replaced and the Pars we've used on other boats. If we
had a lot of guests, I think I'd prefer the PH or Compact, but for the
two of us, the Cricket has definite advantages. Check the cost of a
rebuild kit.

--
Jere Lull
Lew Hodgett

"Ytter" writes:

I am in a process of refitting my head/shower area on my sailboat.
I want to change head for something reliable,manual,not terribly
expensive.

snip

Lavac, it has no equal, IMHO.

--
Lew

Visit: http://home.earthlink.net/~lewhodgett for Pictures

alex

peggy has given all us backyard builders a lot of info.....what have you
done but bitch?

alex

peggy has given all us backyard builders a lot of info.....what have you
done but bitch?

replace head on a mercruiser 350 engine Han General 5 June 18th 04 02:59 AM
Just a few names... John Smith General 0 May 2nd 04 11:32 PM
Chicago Boat Show & marine A/C Coff General 0 January 27th 04 06:18 PM
Head Gasket on 50 HP 93 Evinrude dp General 2 November 4th 03 12:46 PM
Jabsco Head - help! Lloyd Sumpter General 11 August 14th 03 05:08 AM