aunty

Default Manual marine head

We've gone through this before in this newsgroup - the PH-II is a
poorly designed plastic toilet - that squirts liquid sewage out
through the "water lubricated" top seal - into your face when you bend
over to flush it. Do a google newsgroup search in the archives of the
RBC newsgroup for the problems with the crappy PH-II toilets. Peggy
forgets to say she sold her co. to Raritan and then worked for them -
so her recommendations have a taint or bias to them - but why's she's
biased to the crappy PH-II is beyond us.

On Sat, 27 Mar 2004 15:58:59 GMT, Peggie Hall
wrote:

Ytter wrote:
Hi everybody!
I am in a process of refitting my head/shower area on my sailboat.
I want to change head for something reliable,manual,not terribly
expensive.I'm thinking of Raritan's Cricket,but do not have any opinion or
experience.Is it possible to get your feedback on this important topic.

The Cricket is good toilet...but is a "light duty" toilet. For long term
reliability and durability, and especially for serious cruising, the PH
II is a better choice...it's been rated the best manual toilet under
$500 for several decades. If the PH II won't fit in the space, Raritan
now offers the PHC, which is the same pump but on the same base as their
Compact II and costs a little less.