Coff

Default Chicago Boat Show & marine A/C

My spousal unit and I attended the Chicago Boat Show this weekend. It
was certainly an improvement over last year! Many more vendors and
displays. We are in the process of having our Carver interior
completely redone, so the variety of offerings was a welcome help when
looking for ideas!

Ran across a marine A/C company called Arctic Air and they offer a
"plug and play" marine A/C system. Just run the ductwork, tap the
through-hulls for intake and discharge, and plug the system in. Looks
like traditional marine air, but is designed to simply mount, hook up
and plug into the appropriately-powered outlet. The controls are a
click-type connection that you mount as well. No wiring, little
plumbing, etc. Anyone done this?

The rep said she uses the raw water intake from her boat's head for
intake and only had to install the above-the-waterline discharge.
Everything else is "plug & play". Sounds simple enough. Any
experience on the install OR the company? Prices look good, and the
process as they have it outlined looks straightforward enough.

Let me know if you have any opinions.

Thanks!

Coff