Paul Proefrock

Default 12 meter lines

I am looking for the lines of any of the more recent 12 meter boats. Does
anyone know of a source for these. I have written to S&S but haven't
received a reply. Any other ideas or sources

My search is to build a scale model of the class, not a full size boat.

Thanks

Paul P

Stephen Baker

Paul says:

I am looking for the lines of any of the more recent 12 meter boats. Does
anyone know of a source for these.
I have written to S&S but haven't
received a reply.

That's like writing to Ferrari and asking for specs of their engines - you
won't get a reply.

Best bet is to study photos, and build something close. you don't want to use
the exact lines for a model anyway, as they will not work well at a much
smaller scale.

Steve
Stephen C. Baker - Yacht Designer
http://members.aol.com/SailDesign/pr...cbweb/home.htm
Evan Gatehouse

"Stephen Baker" wrote in message
Paul says:

I am looking for the lines of any of the more recent 12 meter boats. Does
anyone know of a source for these.
I have written to S&S but haven't
received a reply.

That's like writing to Ferrari and asking for specs of their engines - you
won't get a reply.

Best bet is to study photos, and build something close. you don't want to

use
the exact lines for a model anyway, as they will not work well at a much
smaller scale.

Steve
Stephen C. Baker - Yacht Designer
http://members.aol.com/SailDesign/pr...cbweb/home.htm

I dunno. 12m are pretty obsolete as racing yachts nowadays. Did you have a
look at Olin Stephens autobio? "All This and Sailing, Too"? Might have some
lines of older 12m's.

When I was working at Farr Yacht Design, we would release lines for model
builders for boats considered obsolete (i.e. a few year old IMS racers,
etc.). We never would release modern AC boat lines but could did have a
special set of Volvo 60 (ex Whitbread) lines that were "massaged" for model
builders.

--
Evan Gatehouse

you'll have to rewrite my email address to get to me
ceilydh AT 3web dot net
(fools the spammers)

Rick

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 01:05:04 +0000, Paul Proefrock wrote:

I am looking for the lines of any of the more recent 12 meter boats. Does
anyone know of a source for these. I have written to S&S but haven't
received a reply. Any other ideas or sources

My search is to build a scale model of the class, not a full size boat.

Thanks

Paul P

This site has plans for us one meter sailboats that are a lot like the 12
meter boats that are used today.

http://www.amya.org/us1mcons.html

This site has models of East coast 12 meter class boats, larger and more
expensive to get involved in. The hulls have to come from authorized
manufactures only to compete.

http://www.ec12.com/History.htm

Hope this helps, both styled are raced close to where I live in Fla. on
Saturday and Sunday mornings.

Battery Meter Ernie General 4 June 1st 04 10:36 PM
Cleaning lines (ropes to the lubbers!) Lloyd Sumpter General 23 March 16th 04 10:38 PM
Inexpensive dock lines from canada... e-f-s General 0 July 3rd 03 01:11 AM
Inexpensive dock lines from canada... e-f-s Boat Building 0 July 3rd 03 01:11 AM