Evan Gatehouse

Default 12 meter lines

"Stephen Baker" wrote in message
Paul says:

I am looking for the lines of any of the more recent 12 meter boats. Does
anyone know of a source for these.
I have written to S&S but haven't
received a reply.

That's like writing to Ferrari and asking for specs of their engines - you
won't get a reply.

Best bet is to study photos, and build something close. you don't want to

use
the exact lines for a model anyway, as they will not work well at a much
smaller scale.

Steve
Stephen C. Baker - Yacht Designer
http://members.aol.com/SailDesign/pr...cbweb/home.htm

I dunno. 12m are pretty obsolete as racing yachts nowadays. Did you have a
look at Olin Stephens autobio? "All This and Sailing, Too"? Might have some
lines of older 12m's.

When I was working at Farr Yacht Design, we would release lines for model
builders for boats considered obsolete (i.e. a few year old IMS racers,
etc.). We never would release modern AC boat lines but could did have a
special set of Volvo 60 (ex Whitbread) lines that were "massaged" for model
builders.

--
Evan Gatehouse

you'll have to rewrite my email address to get to me
ceilydh AT 3web dot net
(fools the spammers)