Gregg Germain

Default tarp repair glue? Not needed now....

Keith wrote:
: Black will last a lot longer, if the heat isn't a problem.

Black isn't optimal because it doesn't let the light in. Makes the
interior of the boat shelter very dark even on the sunniest of
days. And that's year around.

In the summer, the black tarp would make it unbearably hot.

That clear woven

: stuff will be OK for a few months, but will still degrade in the
sunlight.

I manage to extend it's lifetime by putting a white tarp over the
clear in teh summer. This wards off UV degradation and also reflects
sunlight enough to keep the interior of the shelter much cooler than
in sunlight.

In winter the clear plastic is exposed to the sun - what little we
get of it. And the angle of the rays of the sun is much less in the
winter.

I've had clear, non-UV protected, poly last several years - so long as
snow loads don't destroy it.

: "Gregg Germain" wrote in message
: ...
: Well no need to worry about repairing rips inthe tarp - this weekend's
: Nor'easter took car of the cover.
:
: So now I have to get more plastic. There's the Greenhouse film, but
: that seem slimited to 6 mil. I was wondering if there was another
: source of clear poly plastic that's thicker than 6 mil.
:
: Jamestown also sells clear ploy with a weave in it to resist tears. I
: might try that.
:
:
:
: --
:
:
: --- Gregg
: "Improvise, adapt, overcome."
:
: Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics
: Phone: (617) 496-1558
:

--

--- Gregg
"Improvise, adapt, overcome."

Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics
Phone: (617) 496-1558

Old Nick

On 9 Dec 2003 11:00:35 -0400, Gregg Germain
wrote something
.......and in reply I say!:

Being in a decimal country, the idea of 6 mil tarsp had me going for a
second or two G

So now I have to get more plastic. There's the Greenhouse film, but
that seem slimited to 6 mil. I was wondering if there was another
source of clear poly plastic that's thicker than 6 mil.

Jamestown also sells clear ploy with a weave in it to resist tears. I
might try that.

Wasn't it _Jones_town that sold a ploy?

Imagine a _world_ where Nature's lights are obscured
by man's. There would be nowhere to go.
Or wait a while. Then you won't have to imagine.