Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
posted to rec.boats.building
P.C. Ford

Default disposable power tools

On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 16:11:08 GMT, "dadiOH"

I know that boatbuilding subjects tools to much more wear than the
average homeowner gives his power tools but I now have:

Dead Craftsman sabre saw
Dead B&D sander
Dead B&D sabre saw
Dying B&D drill
Dying B&D cordless drill

I am sure I could get them replaced if not for free at least for
reduced price but it isnt really worth the effort as I am more limited
by time than money. Still, its a little annoying to suddenly have
your sander die in use. I know I could fix these tools if I wanted
but its just a matter of time and priority.

You might want to consider "industrial" grade tools (yes, B&D makes them
too). True, they cost more than "homeowner" grade but they die only
infrequently...

Industrial quality American tools are the answer.

Pick up a Milwaukee drill and a Makita in the other and note the
difference.

"They can take a f**king and keep on clucking."