William R. Watt

Default Glue & Stitch plans

I guess you've called some of the boat yards down there to ask where they
get it, and if they'd be willing to resell some to an amateur. Here in
Ottawa you could ask around the yacht clubs to see who's working on a big
project and maybe buy some from them.

On the subject of curing temperature, I draped polytarp over my first boat
and put an electric heater and thermometer underneath. I was using urea
formaldehyde (plastic resin) adhesive and needed 70 deg F. I couldn't get
the temp below 90 so went with that. It was an unheated workspace. The
tarp was pinned down all around the boat with lumber to keep the heat in.

homepage: www.ncf.ca/~ag384/top.htm

kayak plans second post k General 8 November 27th 05 12:10 AM
WTB Kayak plans k General 15 November 14th 05 08:11 PM
Plans for cedar strip type round bottom sailing skiff [email protected] Boat Building 3 October 29th 05 01:22 AM
New Solo Canoe Building Plans JEM Boat Building 0 October 23rd 05 11:33 AM