Brian Nystrom

Default 5 gal epoxy prices < $60/gal ?

Glenn Ashmore wrote:

That is about right for Proset 125/229. FGCI laminating resin is
about half that price but about twice the CPS (they don't state any
number but that would be my estimate.) Raka is even thicker.

Really? I haven't used it yet, but everything I've heard about Raka is
that it's one of the lower viscocity epoxies on the market. It's
supposed to provide very rapid wet-out.

--
Regards

Brian

Glenn Ashmore

Brian Nystrom wrote:

Glenn Ashmore wrote:

That is about right for Proset 125/229. FGCI laminating resin is
about half that price but about twice the CPS (they don't state any
number but that would be my estimate.) Raka is even thicker.

Really? I haven't used it yet, but everything I've heard about Raka
is that it's one of the lower viscocity epoxies on the market. It's
supposed to provide very rapid wet-out.

That has definitely NOT been my experience. I use Proset and West most
but have used Maas, S3 FGCI and Raka. Raka was the thickest. The Maas
low viscosity resin was probably the thinest.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

OT Gas prices ARE BushCo's fault basskisser General 50 June 8th 04 05:35 PM
Where are the best places for marine audio prices? Jensen Feedback? Bchbound General 2 March 14th 04 01:57 AM
epoxy does so pass water William R. Watt Boat Building 14 November 11th 03 12:52 PM
Epoxy sales carlp Boat Building 11 October 11th 03 08:57 PM
Polyester epoxy carlp Boat Building 8 October 2nd 03 09:07 PM