Brian D

Default 5 gal epoxy prices < $60/gal ?

Anybody know the mixed viscosity of the System Three resins? The general
purpose resin is 550cps at 77 F and is combined with hardeners at 2:1 ratio
(1100cps for #1 Fast, 900cps for #2 Medium, and 350cps for #3 Slow). For
Clear Coat, the ratio is about the same and the resin is 580-600cps,
hardener 190-210cps.

At our store, the 7.5 gallons of general purpose epoxy (5 gal resin + 2.5
gal hardener) comes to $38.37 per gallon. Clear Coat comes out at $54.80
per gallon in a 7.5 gallon kit.

Brian

PS: Remove 'tongass' from link below, or follow the link and click on the
banner ad at the top.

--
My boat project: http://www.advantagecomposites.com/tongass

"mike worrall" wrote in message
m...
I'm sure Paul Oman will chime in here, and though I find his web-site
(www.epoxyproducts.com) difficult to navigate, the prices for their
'Basic No-Blush 2 Epoxy' and 'Premium No-Blush Epoxy' - both with a
mixed viscosity of 600 cps, neither of which I have used are
considerably cheaper than $60/gal in the 15+ gallon quantities.

There are now '.pdf' data sheets on the site, which include a good
ammount of technical data.

Possibly worth a look.

Mike Worrall
Los Angeles