Bchbound

Default Where are the best places for marine audio prices? Jensen Feedback?

I am looking to convert from cassette to CD. I have my eye on the Jensen
10 disk changer (MCD10). Not sure which Jensen unit to couple it with yet
but am considering the MCD5112 and possibly a remote unit near the helm.

I am trying to find the best online prices. I notice that the prices can
vary by hundreds depending on the supplier. As an example, Boaters world
sells the 10 disc changer for $149, no tax, free shipping but they charge
$60 more than other sites for the MCD5112. I have seen the Jensen all in
one unit with the 10 disc changer for $499 in a catalog from a local
shop.

Does anybody have any feedback on these Jensen products?

Where are the best online prices for marine audio?

Thanks in Advance!
Less than 4 weeks till splashdown!
Doug Kanter

Try www.crutchfield.com. They may carry what you want. They're generally
very competitive and offer some tech support. As far as Jensen, I was in the
car audio business until 1986 and back then, their electronics were getting
pretty shabby. I have no idea what they're like now. Some mobile audio
brands tend to me more susceptible to engine noise (no matter WHAT you do
right as far as installation & filtering). You may want to stop into a high
end car audio place and ask some questions.

If it were my boat, I'd be giving Alpine a close look.
-Doug

--
Do not respond to my Hotmail address. It's never checked. Post all responses
here.
"Bchbound" wrote in message
I am looking to convert from cassette to CD. I have my eye on the Jensen
10 disk changer (MCD10). Not sure which Jensen unit to couple it with yet
but am considering the MCD5112 and possibly a remote unit near the helm.

I am trying to find the best online prices. I notice that the prices can
vary by hundreds depending on the supplier. As an example, Boaters world
sells the 10 disc changer for $149, no tax, free shipping but they charge
$60 more than other sites for the MCD5112. I have seen the Jensen all in
one unit with the 10 disc changer for $499 in a catalog from a local
shop.

Does anybody have any feedback on these Jensen products?

Where are the best online prices for marine audio?

Thanks in Advance!
Less than 4 weeks till splashdown!

Tony Thomas

www.buy.com has the all in one Jensen A1 system for $340.97