TBFisher

Default Best deal on lead foam?

Where's the best deal on lead foam? Best I've
found is Soundown but their price seems awfully
high to me especially shipped to Dallas,TX.

Tom Fisher
Dallas,TX

Old Nick

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 03:23:32 GMT, "TBFisher"
wrote something
.......and in reply I say!:

I think it's lightweight stuff for lead balloons...

mmm...no...a quick search came up with xray aprons, insulation,
batteries (lead acid) for a start.

???

"TBFisher" wrote in message
. ..
Where's the best deal on lead foam? Best I've
found is Soundown but their price seems awfully
high to me especially shipped to Dallas,TX.

Tom Fisher
Dallas,TX

************************************************** ****************************************
Whenever you have to prove to yourself that you are
not something, you probably are.

Nick White --- HEAD:Hertz Music

!!
")
_/ )
( )
_//- \__/
Old Nick

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 03:23:32 GMT, "TBFisher"
wrote something
.......and in reply I say!:

sorry nobody has helped by the way. I certainly can't, being in Oz. I
was being sarky about your request's success, then trying to soften
the blow by showing I really did check it out.

???

"TBFisher" wrote in message
. ..
Where's the best deal on lead foam? Best I've
found is Soundown but their price seems awfully
high to me especially shipped to Dallas,TX.

Tom Fisher
Dallas,TX

************************************************** ****************************************
Whenever you have to prove to yourself that you are
not something, you probably are.

Nick White --- HEAD:Hertz Music

!!
")
_/ )
( )
_//- \__/
John Smith

Hi, have a look at asap-supplies.com they certainly supply various grades
of sound reducing foam including lead sandwich. can't help with cost but I
intend to purchase from them to line my engine compartment when I finally
get working on my boat again.
Regards
Peter
"Old Nick" wrote in message
On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 03:23:32 GMT, "TBFisher"
wrote something
......and in reply I say!:

sorry nobody has helped by the way. I certainly can't, being in Oz. I
was being sarky about your request's success, then trying to soften
the blow by showing I really did check it out.

???

. ..

**************
Whenever you have to prove to yourself that you are
not something, you probably are.

Nick White --- HEAD:Hertz Music

!!
")
_/ )
( )
_//- \__/

Jim Woodward

I haven't compared prices (haven't gotten that far), but Mcmaster-Carr
(the source of everything you ever wanted) stocks lead foam. Although
they are generally a little above the price of more specialized
suppliers (their fastenings are more expensive than Jamestown, for
example) they're always worth checking.

http://www.mcmaster.com

Since shipping lead around the countryside is expensive, you could
always make your own, with lead flashing from Home Despot.....

Soundown, BTW, are the world class experts in marine noise reduction.
Joe Smullin cut his teeth at BBN making USN submarines as quiet as a
hole in the water.

http://www.soundown.com/

Jim Woodward
www.mvFintry.com

"TBFisher" wrote in message ...
Where's the best deal on lead foam? Best I've
found is Soundown but their price seems awfully
high to me especially shipped to Dallas,TX.

Tom Fisher
Dallas,TX

Glenn Ashmore

Whispermat is a competing product made by American Acoustic Products. A
little less expensive than Soundown but I am not sure that their numbers
are quite as good as Soundown. OTOH, 90% of the effectiveness is in the
quality of the installation. They are in Mass too but distribute
through several outlets around the country including one in Cypress, TX.
Might save you some on shipping.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

Fred Williams

Nope. Converting many to carry muti-hundered cruise missles. Balistic
missiles on a grand scale are no longer politically correct :-)

Now that we have simi offically ended the "cold war" we only need to keep
around a few to vaporize any of the proliferating baby nuke nations should
thay be dumb enough to actally fire one of theirs in anger.

I like Ozzies. Anybody that smiles, laughs, and drinks that much beer are
ok by me!

Fred

"Jim Woodward" wrote in message
om...
Yes, all USA taxpayers poured money into the SSBN fleet. Used to be
they kept us all safe from the Russians. Now, I'm not so sure what
they do. Maybe keep the Ozzies away from Hawaii?

Jim Woodward
www.mvFintry.com

Old Nick wrote in message

. ..
On 28 Oct 2003 05:15:32 -0800, (Jim Woodward)
wrote something
......and in reply I say!:

Soundown, BTW, are the world class experts in marine noise reduction.
Joe Smullin cut his teeth at BBN making USN submarines as quiet as a
hole in the water.

.....into which you pour money? G

**************
Whenever you have to prove to yourself that you are
not something, you probably are.

Nick White --- HEAD:Hertz Music

!!
")
_/ )
( )
_//- \__/

2 part floatation foam Ed Kracl General 5 July 10th 04 03:14 AM
Question about Sea Sport 2200, and foam core boats Robert Allen General 0 May 19th 04 10:40 PM
I tore up floatation foam steve General 2 May 3rd 04 11:27 PM
Was this a good deal? Richjay General 5 March 6th 04 04:56 PM
Adding lead ballast Lorence M Boat Building 0 July 9th 03 02:19 AM