Jesper Bruhn

Default Advice needed on yacht buy

Im an considering buying a 39' motoryacht with 2x450HP DD engines.
It's equipped with Waterjet engines.

I can see that most other motoryachts in the same class can perform
around 30 knots max speed and about 25 while cruising. But the yacht i
am considering only goes about 15 knots. The sales people says it's
because of the waterjet is slower then Propeller. But it looks more
like a 50% reduction then anything else. It's this normal?.

Also the yacht makes a lot of noise. How are other yachts?

I don't know much about motor yachts used to do sailing.
Glenn Ashmore

How old is the boat? I hope jet drives have improved over the years but
back in the early '80s I worked for a guy with more money than brains.
He went to the Atlanta boat show and came back with TWO jet drive
boats. One a monster ski boat and the other a 30+' cruiser. Both boats
were pigs. Loud, slow gas guzzlers. A neighbor with an old 16' Chris
Craft could run circles around the ski boat with 1/3 the power.

The experience confirmed my choice to stick with sail.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

Outboard Engine Advice Needed Please - Mercury 40HP Submariner General 16 June 24th 04 09:15 PM
Quick Advice Needed Please J Wall General 2 May 15th 04 03:08 PM
Newbee advice needed Misiora General 5 March 31st 04 06:30 AM
Painting Colored Dash - Advice Needed!! [email protected] General 3 January 22nd 04 09:11 PM
Sage restoration advice wanted (osmosis) Angus Gratton General 4 November 14th 03 06:04 PM