malcolm

Default fun new engine

the Germans in WW2 dropped an alwful lot of V1s on London and Antwerp etc
using this method

"Barry Palmer" wrote in message
This unit appears to be some sort of ejector (jet) type pump, where the
momentum of high velocity steam is transferred to the water, raising the

mass
of the entire stream so that the thrust is produced at lower exit velocity

and
therefore lower energy flow.

Not only is the thermodynamics of heating and cooling questionable from

an
energy conservation standpoint, ejector pump (NOT jets found currently in
marine use) efficiency is usually quite low, even when fluids for jet and
reaction are the same density. Do I see another "Magnetohydrodynamic

drive"
scam in the works?

Scott Downey

Default fun new engine, hesitation, pinging etc...

Forgot to say this,
Do when the engine is fully warmed up
Start engine then apply water mist.

"Scott Downey" wrote in message
Offhand
If anyone has a carbon buildup in the combustion chamber, steam energy

will
clean it out good.

Just take a garden hose with a very fine light mist setting
Just a very, very, light mist spray
Run the engine about 1200 rpm
Feed in the fine water stream directly in at the intake manifold
Do this for 15 minutes or so.
Make sure the engine does not die off and quit, you dont want to fill the
engine with water!

The water explodes into steam and scours off the carbon from the pistons,
heads and valves.
This proceedure works extremely well.
Read about 'water injection' on the web

"malcolm" wrote in message
you might find this interesting.
http://www.pursuitdynamics.com/default.asp
radical new form of water pulse Jet for Boats.
regards malcolm

just_passing@

"malcolm" wrote in message
you might find this interesting.
http://www.pursuitdynamics.com/default.asp
radical new form of water pulse Jet for Boats.
regards malcolm

Well I don't know about that one?
But I have done it to - plus I have tried stuff, such as kero - and
various cans of $$$$ junk advertised as the almighty zippo carbon
remover wonder +
or so they all said.
When I finally had to pull them apart - I had to take to that stuff
with a hammer and chisel - that stuff is tough when its baked on, and
no steam is going to move it. I have done dozens of the blighters -
and its hells own job to move it. But maybe in the early stages.
But it always best to check the plugs, to get a feel on how its
burning, or a simple note on the exhaust colour - to make sure the
mixture is bang on, that can save you a bit. - like any fireplace
chimney. But its the cold stop start thing - as long as they get a
good warm run, they should be clean.

Water can push up the combustion ratio, so its cleaner burning with
some extra h2o as you got a bit of extra hydrogen in there -

You can spray a bit in with a garden hand spray,and there is gadgets
which meter in small amounts to the carb - Its the same as some
engines run noticeably better on rainy days, when the air is water
saturated But its still about getting your mix right - if not your
going to have to use the hammer and chisel method if you leave it too
long between tunes. or do to much of that cold stop start.

Bray Haven

I see another "Magnetohydrodynamic drive"
scam in the works?

Aha!! one of our number is beginning to see the King is "nekked" ). Even
with a working steam generator, the thrust will be very questionable, IMO, and
the scaling.corrosion problems will be enormous. As a former supplier of high
purity water to the Navy for steam turbines in carriers & nuke subs, I can tell
you it takes a bunch of water that's about 6,000 times more pure than distilled
and some very sophisticated corrosion treatments to keep it running under ideal
conditions. Notice the "investment opportunity" pitch ).
Greg Sefton

Bray Haven

When you find an outboard with a cylinder head leak into
the chamber, then you *will* know:
a sparkling clean plug and piston head....

Brian Whatcott Altus OK

And a dead cylinder )
Greg Sefton
Ron Thornton

Bray says "6000 times more pure than distilled". Hummmm. Isn't
distilled as pure as you can get.

Ron

Fred Williams

Not if you're selling it to the Defence Department at $576.97 a gallon :-)

"Stephen Baker" wrote in message
Ron says:

Isn't
distilled as pure as you can get.

Depends on who is running the still, and how much of the output they have
"tasted" ;-))

Steve

Ron Thornton

Defence department, nuf said.

Steve, you making fun of my cousins down in South Car'liner?

Ron

Capt. Frank Hopkins

It seems to me, I heard something about a WW II B-17 bomber used a water
mist injection during take off to blow out carbon and boost compression
(hp). But I "still" don't think this gadget will produce any speed.

C.F.