Robert or Karen Swarts

Good idea, but in this case the tabernacle is a casting that Columbia Boats
put on several thousand Coronado 25s.

BS

"wtf" wrote in message
ups.com...

Robert or Karen Swarts wrote:
All of your responses are plausible, but I don't think any of them

are
correct. The drop is 1/16" down as one moves forward along the

tabernacle.
The foot itself is rebated in the middle to ensure good contact on

the edges
and to shed water. The hinge, which is at the rear, requires no

clearance. I
just don't know.

BS

"Terry Spragg" wrote in message
Robert or Karen Swarts wrote:
I have unstepped the mast on my Coronado 25 and noticed that the

mast
foot is flat in the fore and aft direction, but the tabernacle is

stepped
down about 1/16" at the middle of the footprint of the foot.

Anyone know
why this is? Was there originally a spacer of
some sort between the forward bottom of the foot and the

tabernacle? Any
suggestions would be welcome.

Bob Swarts

Some sort of hinge arrangement to make starting the mast down a

little
easier?

Which way is the drop?

There was a corner ground off of the foot on my 22' SC to make it

easier
to hinge.

Terry K

I think you all may be over thinking it. As an occassional builder, the
first thing I thought was, the builder did not have a big enough piece
of scrap, so he used two small pieces ..
Well, it's a thought!

umph...

self stepping my mast. rick General 25 August 9th 04 12:55 PM
self stepping my mast. rick ASA 25 August 9th 04 12:55 PM
Mystery Mast Keith General 1 July 11th 04 08:16 PM
Mast Problem Gafffer Crew 0 September 19th 03 08:10 AM
Quote from Sabresails Simple Simon ASA 75 September 9th 03 05:10 AM