Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Keith

Default Mystery Mast

All:

I acquired an aluminium mast with the purchase of a house. I use to
sail
Prindle catamarans and recongnized it as belonging to either a cat or
another type of planing boat. The only identification marks on the
mast are on shroud fittings which read "IYE England". So knowing that
this is an England based deck fitting manufacturer, I am assuming the
mast was from a
boat of English manufacture. The mast is anodized gold or bronze in
color, about 30 feet long give or take a few feet, has a mast top hook
to receive a ring fitted mainsail. All the fitting seem somewhat
light in manufacture to me comparing them to what I was familiar with
on my 18 foot prindle cat. For instance the halyard cleats appear to
be stamped metal rather than forged. Could this be from a small
monohull racer? Any information would be helpful.

Cheers!

Keith Patton

tyvek (long) William R. Watt Boat Building 2 June 30th 04 05:09 AM
mast steps - fastep? bruce General 0 January 23rd 04 03:24 AM
Red over green mast light for sailboat Lee Huddleston Boat Building 4 September 15th 03 04:57 PM
Red over green mast lights for sailboat Lee Huddleston Cruising 16 September 10th 03 02:42 AM
Mast down (long) Peter S/Y Anicula ASA 1 July 1st 03 12:05 AM