Garland Gray II

Not to be picky, but if I read your description correctly, it sounds like
the Fiat/Ducati link is (or was?) more akin to the Aston/Jag link.
But thanks for the info; I hadn't been keeping up with these builders of
interesting automobiles.

"Jeff" wrote in message

To the person who said ducati is a part of fiat, learn about Italian
Motorsports. Ferrari is a division of fiat, not ducati.

Well,.... you might want to check that before jumping in, it's not that
simple. Ducati Motorcycles, who also make small industrial engines is
Ducati Motor Holding S.p.A. They are a significant part of the Aprilia
Group, which includes Aprilla, Moto Guzzi, etc.
The Aprilia group until very recently where majority owned by Agnelli.
Agnelli also owns 30% of Fiat. Fiat own Alfa Romeo, Maserati, and
Ferrari.

Fiat are linked to Ducati as much as Ford is to Aston Martin,Jaguar,
Volvo, Mazda and Hertz etc.

JAXAshby

johnny, did you know that fire extingishers of at least a certain size are
required on ALL automobiles regestered in Italy without regard to their country
of origin of history of catching fire? johnny, did you know that this is
because Fiat automobiles catch fire so frequently?

also, johnny, did you know the FTC sued Fiat for false advertising and
fraudulent sales because FIAT advertised and sold its products in the USA as
"automobiles", and as such -- the FTC claimed -- the American public could
reasonably expect to get something reasonably like an automobile for its money.
The FTC won the suit.

To the person who said ducati is a part of fiat, learn about Italian
Motorsports. Ferrari is a division of fiat, not ducati.

I appologize for not checking current sources. Ducati *was* a division of
Fiat. 'nuf said.

And what do you mean by nuf' said? Are you aware of the fact that

fiat also builds airplane engines. Fiat is the leading manufacturer in
Europe. And, you can take a little fiat 1.3 on the expressway and put
American cars to complete shame.

Mike

(JAXAshby) wrote in
:

johnny, did you know that fire extingishers of at least a certain size
are required on ALL automobiles regestered in Italy without regard to
their country of origin of history of catching fire? johnny, did you
know that this is because Fiat automobiles catch fire so frequently?

Not quite, Italy like all EEC countries requires all new cars after 1982
to carry a minumum of safety equipment, the content of which has
increased over the years but includes at least replacement bulbs for all
exterior lights, Warning triangle, first aid kit and yup, you guessed it
a fire extinguisher.

also, johnny, did you know the FTC sued Fiat for false advertising and
fraudulent sales because FIAT advertised and sold its products in the
USA as "automobiles", and as such -- the FTC claimed -- the American
public could reasonably expect to get something reasonably like an
automobile for its money.
The FTC won the suit.

According to Lexus Nexus there's no suit, got a reference. Sure you're
not confusing the FTC Automotive legislative fiat on advertising?
Different animal..

To the person who said ducati is a part of fiat, learn about
Italian Motorsports. Ferrari is a division of fiat, not ducati.

I appologize for not checking current sources. Ducati *was* a
division of Fiat. 'nuf said.

And what do you mean by nuf' said? Are you aware of the fact that

fiat also builds airplane engines. Fiat is the leading manufacturer in
Europe. And, you can take a little fiat 1.3 on the expressway and put
American cars to complete shame.

JAXAshby

mikey, what "automobiles" -- besides Fiats -- catch fire in the Europen
Economic Union? Understand that Fiat is NOT sold in the US of A, and can not
be sold in the US of A.

[...]

Paolo Zini

"JAXAshby" ha scritto nel messaggio
johnny, did you know that fire extingishers of at least a certain size are
required on ALL automobiles regestered in Italy without regard to their

country
of origin of history of catching fire? johnny, did you know that this is
because Fiat automobiles catch fire so frequently?

You try to sell bull****!
I am in Italy, I am born in Italy, I drive in Italy from 1970.
I don't have a fire estinguisher in my car... Isn't mandatory nor sold as
original equipment. Newer been.
Newer seen a Fiat in fire, in last 50 years, at least here... Do you?
The true is that you don't know anything about Italy, Italian industry and
European laws, but, because noone knows, you try to sell your bull****.
After this you are the next guest of my killfile...

Paolo
from Pisa, Italy

P.S. Ducati never been part of Fiat... But who cares?
Ducati (only one t) don't produce, sell or promote marine engines, Ducati as
produced, after the WW2, only a small outboard and only for a short period.

---

JAXAshby

Newer seen a Fiat in fire, in last 50 years, at least here... Do you?

yes. I was there for four days on a business trip and saw five Fiats on fire.
One caught fire as I walking by within 15 feet of it, and AT LEAST eight
motorists jumped out of their cars -- with fire extinguishers in hand -- to
help the young women put out the fire.

It is illegal to sell Fiats in the USA, because the Federal Trade Commission
has rules that when someone sells a product here (such as a car) the consumer
has a reasonable expectation of receiving such a product (such as a car) and
Fiat makes no product that can be called a "car".

auerbach

Remind me not to travel with JAX. I was in Rome for a couple of weeks in
July, during killingly hot weather, and remarkably enough, not a single
vehicle burst into flames. Good thing, too; in Rome's sardine-packed
traffic, the flames would have spread to dozens or hundreds of micro-cars
and scooters.

Given the presence in the USA of Subaru, Hyundai, etc., and the departure of
Peugeot and other labels, I suspect Fiat's absence from US car showrooms may
have more to do with the cost of marketing and of meeting highway safety and
pollution control measures than the FTC's opinion of the vehicle.

"JAXAshby" wrote in message
Newer seen a Fiat in fire, in last 50 years, at least here... Do you?

yes. I was there for four days on a business trip and saw five Fiats on
fire.
One caught fire as I walking by within 15 feet of it, and AT LEAST eight
motorists jumped out of their cars -- with fire extinguishers in hand --
help the young women put out the fire.

It is illegal to sell Fiats in the USA, because the Federal Trade
Commission
has rules that when someone sells a product here (such as a car) the
consumer
has a reasonable expectation of receiving such a product (such as a car)
and
Fiat makes no product that can be called a "car".

UK red diesel costs. Ken Baker Cruising 19 June 8th 04 11:36 PM
Old diesel fuel - two questions Al Gunther Cruising 2 May 30th 04 01:15 PM
uk diesel costs Ken Baker Power Boat Racing 0 May 25th 04 02:41 PM
WTB: Diesel Engine 10 to 16 HP Water Cooled Running or NOT!!, OK Aluminumhullsailor Boat Building 0 September 2nd 03 01:49 AM
Diesel outboard? Jack Rye Cruising 4 August 28th 03 08:34 PM