Silverton 31'

LOLOLOLOLOL!!!! There is no law in italy to carry a fire extinguisher
in automobiles, i lived in italy for 12 years and still have family
there, don't try to make up your own laws..

Sincerely
An Italian Native
Paolo Zini

Remind me not to travel with JAX. I was in Rome for a couple of weeks in
July, during killingly hot weather, and remarkably enough, not a single
vehicle burst into flames. Good thing, too; in Rome's sardine-packed

sardine-packed in july? Definitively you must see in winter! :-)

traffic, the flames would have spread to dozens or hundreds of micro-cars
and scooters.

....and noone have the exitguisher! believe me! :-)
The mandatory "safety" pack includes:
spare weel,
spare bulbs and fuses,
warning triangle,
one reflective jacket to be put on at night in case of on the road repairs.
No first aid kit nor fire extinguisher

This at least in Italy, there are still differences between european
countries.

Given the presence in the USA of Subaru, Hyundai, etc., and the departure

of
Peugeot and other labels, I suspect Fiat's absence from US car showrooms

may
have more to do with the cost of marketing and of meeting highway safety

and
pollution control measures than the FTC's opinion of the vehicle.

Fiat have one agreement with GM. This can mean that there is also one "no
iterference" agreement about marketing...

The safety and pollution rules are really stringent also in europe now,
leaded gas is no longer sold, car are safety and pollution checked every two
year and car aged 10 year or more are so stringently checked that is more
convenient to destroy it in place of paying a lot of expensive repairs.

Paolo

JAXAshby

nope. the FTC sue'd and stopped ALL import of ALL Fiats for sale, and did so
with the undeniable claim that Fiat were not in fact automobibles.

check the court records if you are so inclinded.

From: "auerbach"
Date: 9/2/2004 12:19 PM Eastern Daylight Time
Remind me not to travel with JAX. I was in Rome for a couple of weeks in
July, during killingly hot weather, and remarkably enough, not a single
vehicle burst into flames. Good thing, too; in Rome's sardine-packed
traffic, the flames would have spread to dozens or hundreds of micro-cars
and scooters.

Given the presence in the USA of Subaru, Hyundai, etc., and the departure of
Peugeot and other labels, I suspect Fiat's absence from US car showrooms may
have more to do with the cost of marketing and of meeting highway safety and
pollution control measures than the FTC's opinion of the vehicle.

"JAXAshby" wrote in message
Newer seen a Fiat in fire, in last 50 years, at least here... Do you?

yes. I was there for four days on a business trip and saw five Fiats on
fire.
One caught fire as I walking by within 15 feet of it, and AT LEAST eight
motorists jumped out of their cars -- with fire extinguishers in hand --
help the young women put out the fire.

It is illegal to sell Fiats in the USA, because the Federal Trade
Commission
has rules that when someone sells a product here (such as a car) the
consumer
has a reasonable expectation of receiving such a product (such as a car)
and
Fiat makes no product that can be called a "car".

JAXAshby

ALL auto's in Italy are **required** to carry fire extinguishers.

one of the points the US FTC made in its claim that Fiats were not automobile
and thus could not be sold -- to this day -- in the USA as automobiles is the
truely alarming frequency with whic their junk could fire, even waiting at a
stop light.

you are welcome to check the court records if you wish.

Jim Conlin

JAX-
I've done a Google search for the word sets:
Fiat FTC suitability and
Fiat "fire extinguisher"
and not found anything more than racers who like (rightly) fire extinguishers.
Can you give us a little help.

JAXAshby wrote:

check it out, dum-dum. every last car in Italy is required to carry a fire
extinguisher. Fiat owners feel that is reasonable.

Paolo Zini

I've done a Google search for the word sets:
Fiat FTC suitability and
Fiat "fire extinguisher"
and not found anything more than racers who like (rightly) fire

extinguishers.
Can you give us a little help.

Don't feed the trolls please!
You can search also all the trial against Fiat...
This guy live in a different universe... or is a troll.

Only to return to one OT that is more close to the original subject:
The italian newspaper this morning talk about a "battle" between Ducati and
Piaggio to control Aprilia.
Piaggio is controlled by Fiat, and Aprilia was supposed to be the
Intermediate controller between Fiat and Ducati...

Paolo

UK red diesel costs. Ken Baker Cruising 19 June 8th 04 11:36 PM
Old diesel fuel - two questions Al Gunther Cruising 2 May 30th 04 01:15 PM
uk diesel costs Ken Baker Power Boat Racing 0 May 25th 04 02:41 PM
WTB: Diesel Engine 10 to 16 HP Water Cooled Running or NOT!!, OK Aluminumhullsailor Boat Building 0 September 2nd 03 01:49 AM
Diesel outboard? Jack Rye Cruising 4 August 28th 03 08:34 PM